RadioBanter

-   -   Here is how we can end all the silly antenna questions on the repeaters and on usenet. (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/106551-re-here-how-we-can-end-all-silly-antenna-questions-repeaters-usenet.html)

J. Mc Laughlin October 8th 06 12:45 AM

Here is how we can end all the silly antenna questions on the repeaters and on usenet.

Interesting

"james" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 16:21:28 -0400, "Fred G."
wrote:

+++James,
+++
+++Rethink what I wrote. I'm not claiming the tests are "all

that"........ You
+++are right, they ARE dummied down and NO, you do NOT need an AA degree

+++pass the Extra. Just some diligent studying. I was merely saying

NEITHER
+++test will eliminate the crap - for starters. BUT those who "are"

whining
+++about the code - if they get their wish, will then want the written

exam
+++dropped too. In other words - FREE - uninhibited passage. IF we gave

Drs',
+++Lawyers, Drivers, Pilots and other licenses away like some want the

Ham
+++licenses handed out, where would we be? Ham radio may not be all that,

but
+++it is what it is. Anything more stripped away from it - and it won't

be
+++worth having.
+++
+++"I" had to learn the code, it really is no big deal. Do I use it? Not

much,
+++but I'm still glad I learned it. It was a matter of self discipline.

Hey,
+++drop the code......Who am "I" to force it down anyone's throat? That

isn't
+++my aim or argument. Again - you're going to see the push for the rest

to be
+++dropped too - some just aren't satisfied. Mark my words.
+++
+++Fred G.

I read your post and understood it. My beleifs is that those that will
complain about a "theory" test are those that want the license handed
to them. They don't want any kind of test. Unless the government does
that, I still hold that some form of written test is applicable.

I learned enough code and then I never touched a key again. Made two
contacts total via morse code. Never cared for it and never intend to
use it. At the time my interests were more in VHF/UHF anyways. HF was
to much like CB. He who had the biggest amp and antenna was heard.
VHF/UHF systems require more than a big amp and a big antenna.

I whined about the code requirements and still do. But I also
understand, that what ever the government determines as the standard
for obtain levels oflicensing are the rules that I ahve to play with.
As I stated I have no issues with levels of "theory". That part to me
is easier to learn.

james