RadioBanter

-   -   Second Question Same As The First (almost) (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/107708-second-question-same-first-almost.html)

john October 23rd 06 12:32 AM

Second Question Same As The First (almost)

the radio I'm looking at uses 8 amps on am and 15 amps on ssb, on transmit.
I will wire the thing into the circuit when I get it to the motor home
but I would like to use it with a cigarette lighter plug, in the auto en
route.
Secondly what would be considered minimal antenna for 30 watts am and
100 watts ssb. I don't really expect to have much use for ssb of course.
I have K40 magnetic mount from some time back.

Slow Code October 24th 06 12:40 AM

john wrote in :

the radio I'm looking at uses 8 amps on am and 15 amps on ssb, on
transmit. I will wire the thing into the circuit when I get it to the
motor home but I would like to use it with a cigarette lighter plug, in
the auto en route.
Secondly what would be considered minimal antenna for 30 watts am and
100 watts ssb. I don't really expect to have much use for ssb of course.
I have K40 magnetic mount from some time back.

You're planning to use a radio on CB that is illegal to use a CB. I'm not
going to help your dumb CB'er retard ass anymore.

SC

Vinnie S. October 24th 06 01:21 AM

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:32:36 -0700, john wrote:

the radio I'm looking at uses 8 amps on am and 15 amps on ssb, on transmit.
I will wire the thing into the circuit when I get it to the motor home
but I would like to use it with a cigarette lighter plug, in the auto en
route.
Secondly what would be considered minimal antenna for 30 watts am and
100 watts ssb. I don't really expect to have much use for ssb of course.
I have K40 magnetic mount from some time back.

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's excellent,
so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to run power, get the
Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the Wilson 1000. You are close to
max with the K40. I owned both, and thought they were equally effective, except
for the power handling.

Vinnie S.

if you say so October 24th 06 05:38 AM

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to
run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the
Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

PowerHouse Communications October 24th 06 01:03 PM

"if you say so" wrote in message

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to
run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the
Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and

thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

So that little capacitor in the base of the coil can handle the full 500
watts?

[email protected] October 24th 06 09:24 PM

Second Question Same As The First (almost)

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to
run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the
Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and

thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

So that little capacitor in the base of the coil can handle the full 500
watts?

Not unless they redesigned it. The cap would normally be good to about
150watts if you didn't push it.

Vinnie S. October 24th 06 10:51 PM

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 00:38:31 -0400, "if you say so" wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want to
run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get the
Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

Not according to them. They said 150 watts. And I blew mine out with far less.

Vinnie S.

Steveo October 24th 06 10:57 PM

wrote:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want
to run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get
the Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both, and
thought they were equally effective, except for the power handling.
Vinnie S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

Not according to them. They said 150 watts. And I blew mine out with far
less.

Vinnie S.

It was prolly that damn roger beep!

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Steveo October 24th 06 10:59 PM

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
The K40 is rated to 500watts.

So that little capacitor in the base of the coil can handle the full 500
watts?

Don't choke on the smoke.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Slow Code October 25th 06 01:06 AM

Second Question Same As The First (almost)

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in
:

"Vinnie S." wrote in message

You might want to go directly to the battery. As far as the K40. It's
excellent,so long as you don't run power. I cooked mine. If you want
to run power, get the Wilson 1000. If you get 100W SSB, I would get
the Wilson 1000. You are close to max with the K40. I owned both,
and

thought
they were equally effective, except for the power handling. Vinnie
S.

The K40 is rated to 500watts.

So that little capacitor in the base of the coil can handle the full 500
watts?

ROFL!

CB horror stories are hilarious.

"I saw smoke coming out of my radio....