RadioBanter

-   -   Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/110964-cobra-18-wx-st-ii-mobile-cb-opinions.html)

Chris Maness December 5th 06 05:57 PM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

Chris Maness December 6th 06 03:50 AM

Chris Maness wrote:
Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I'm going to answere my own post. I bought one, and the recieve sucks.
Picks up MAJOR power line noise.

Chris Maness
KQ6UP Jeeper

Vinnie S. December 6th 06 03:59 AM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

On 5 Dec 2006 09:57:22 -0800, "Chris Maness"
wrote:

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I have heard new Cobras suck. Get an old one, or a new Uniden.

Vinnie S.

Chris Maness December 6th 06 04:27 AM

wrote:

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I have heard new Cobras suck. Get an old one, or a new Uniden.

Vinnie S.

Uniden makes Cobras, I hear the word on the streat is Galaxy. What do
you guys think?

Chris

Vinnie S. December 6th 06 04:31 AM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

wrote:

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I have heard new Cobras suck. Get an old one, or a new Uniden.

Vinnie S.

Uniden makes Cobras, I hear the word on the streat is Galaxy. What do
you guys think?

Uniden made the old cobras. The new one like the NW series, is not made by
Uniden. I gad a Galaxy. The ****er drifted like an unanchored boat. They were
great on AM, ****ty on SSB. Uniden have superior receive.

Vinnie S.

Chris Maness December 6th 06 05:40 AM

wrote:

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I have heard new Cobras suck. Get an old one, or a new Uniden.

Vinnie S.

Uniden makes Cobras, I hear the word on the streat is Galaxy. What do
you guys think?

Uniden made the old cobras. The new one like the NW series, is not made by
Uniden. I gad a Galaxy. The ****er drifted like an unanchored boat. They were
great on AM, ****ty on SSB. Uniden have superior receive.

Vinnie S.

Thanks for the heads up. Then there is no point in buying an SSB
Galaxy. I am looking for the best reciever then I probably need to be
looking at the Uniden.

Vinnie S. December 6th 06 02:25 PM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

Thanks for the heads up. Then there is no point in buying an SSB
Galaxy. I am looking for the best reciever then I probably need to be
looking at the Uniden.

I have a Grant LT, which is their SSB version. This is the same radio as the
Grant XL, with a couple extra features. There are AM versions of it. Many of
less then $100. The receive on my Uniden is unbelieveable.

Vinnie S.

Slow Code December 7th 06 12:50 AM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

"Chris Maness" wrote in
oups.com:

Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?

I don't own one but since it's a CB you can use it to hear retards.

SC

[email protected] December 10th 06 08:36 AM

Cobra 18 WX ST II Mobile CB Opinions

I got a Cobra 75 to save space and the recieve was so bad I had to take
it out. I went out and bought my 3rd Uniden (2nd pc68 elite) because
I like the other 2 so much. I have noticed I have to add extra ground
wires to the dash, roof top, and trunk lid, where in older cars I never
had to.
On Dec 5, 10:50 pm, "Chris Maness"
wrote:
Does anyone own this radio. Any opinions?I'm going to answere my own post. I bought one, and the recieve sucks.