Old December 28th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB + WX

My Midland can also pick up the Weather Channels but they come in too weak
to hear. Is there an antenna that can be used for both CB and the WX
channels? If yes, where can I buy one? Thanks.

Blade Runner

Old December 28th 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

west wrote:
My Midland can also pick up the Weather Channels but they come in too weak
to hear. Is there an antenna that can be used for both CB and the WX
channels? If yes, where can I buy one? Thanks.

Blade Runner

Any antenna will pick up VHF. However, 27 MHz and 162 MHz are not harmonically
related, and to have an antenna favor 162 would hurt 27. Why not pick up an
older handheld or mobile scanner. With rebanding, many older trunktrackers
will become available on the used market.

Are you even near a NWS transmitter?
http://www.weather.gov/nwr/
More then 10 or 15 miles can be noisy without a antenna up high.
Old December 29th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

west wrote:

My Midland can also pick up the Weather Channels but they come in too weak
to hear. Is there an antenna that can be used for both CB and the WX
channels? If yes, where can I buy one? Thanks.

Pretty much any standard steel whip can handle WX just fine. My Wilson Mini
Wil works fine for the job. Try moving closer to the WX transmitter.