Old August 3rd 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax has Arrived... Introductory Priced on Ebay

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtel...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

Old August 4th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtel...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

Why are you showing the use of coax to connect the board ? That board has
NO RF filtering and it is NOT shielded in any way. I can imagine what will
happen when it is incorrectly installed in a radio or not shielded with a
filtered supply and filtered input.
It looks like a half finished design. The LED is of no use as that will be
inside the radio and only indicates what the level is at the board - not
what it is on the carrier from the radio. You will also need an
oscilloscope to set it up correctly. I would also be interested in you
telling me how you think the average home user can adjust FM deviation
correctly without the use of a test set!
I wouldn't bother buying one of those, most radios have a better circuit
built in anyway, so having two in series would be of very little use and
would distort the audio or cause extra power consumption in a handheld.
The product is of no use! It would have been good in the 80's before the
K40 and Protel mics were used on CBs. Current CBs and amateur equipment
would not tolerate that circuit as the impedances are completely wrong too.

You haven't researched and appear to have very little working AF/RF
knowledge.

Old August 4th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 3, 6:14 pm, "Frank" wrote:
[...]

Coax is certainly necessary... and the board is fully shielded. What
do you think that tin plate is for?
The rest of your comments show that you obviously have not read the
installation manual. I suggest you do so at http://www.telstar-electronics.com/VoiceMax%20B.pdf
Thanks for your comments.

Old August 4th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Telstar Electronics wrote:
On Aug 3, 6:14 pm, "Frank" wrote:

[...]

One has to make a modification to the cb for this piece of kit to work.
Isn't that something that would render the radio non-type accepted?

And why are you using tin as a shield?

Just needing clarification so the multitudes will know what they're getting.
Old August 4th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 4, 3:10 pm, jim wrote:
And why are you using tin as a shield?
Just needing clarification so the multitudes will know what they're getting.

Shielding of this type of device is required due to the high gain of
AGC amplifier. This AGC amplifier can have gains up to 60dB at low
input levels. Without proper shielding... this amplifier would
oscillate (squeal) like crazy. VoiceMax has a solid tin shield
covering all electronic components... as well as a solid copper pour
(shield) on the non-component side. Hope that answers your question.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old August 5th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Telstar Electronics wrote:
On Aug 4, 3:10 pm, jim wrote:

And why are you using tin as a shield?
Just needing clarification so the multitudes will know what they're getting.

Shielding of this type of device is required due to the high gain of
AGC amplifier. This AGC amplifier can have gains up to 60dB at low
input levels. Without proper shielding... this amplifier would
oscillate (squeal) like crazy. VoiceMax has a solid tin shield
covering all electronic components... as well as a solid copper pour
(shield) on the non-component side. Hope that answers your question.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Partially yes it does answer my questions and thanks for that.

What about modifying the cb radio that your kit would be improving?
Would this not be adversely affecting the legality of the now modified
radio? Of course this question would be null and void if you were
designing your kit for amateur scenarios. So how does it fly with the FCC?
Regards, Jim
Old August 5th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Teddy Roosevelt once said:

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face
is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs
and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without
error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great
devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best,
knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the
worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his
place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither
victory nor defeat."

So why do you reply to them Brian?

Jay in the Mojave

Old August 5th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 4, 10:41 pm, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Teddy Roosevelt once said:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face
is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs
and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without
error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great
devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best,
knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the
worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his
place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither
victory nor defeat."
So why do you reply to them Brian?

Jay in the Mojave

Good point Jay.
Why do I respond? It's the entertainment value! You have to admit...
some of these folks are really lame. I guess I really shouldn't be
laughing at them... but sometimes I just can't help it.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old August 8th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 05:44:07 -0700, Telstar Electronics
wrote:

|On Aug 3, 6:14 pm, "Frank" wrote:
| Why are you showing the use of coax to connect the board ? That board has
| NO RF filtering and it is NOT shielded in any way. I can imagine what will
| happen when it is incorrectly installed in a radio or not shielded with a
| filtered supply and filtered input.
| It looks like a half finished design. The LED is of no use as that will be
| inside the radio and only indicates what the level is at the board - not
| what it is on the carrier from the radio. You will also need an
| oscilloscope to set it up correctly. I would also be interested in you
| telling me how you think the average home user can adjust FM deviation
| correctly without the use of a test set!
| I wouldn't bother buying one of those, most radios have a better circuit
| built in anyway, so having two in series would be of very little use and
| would distort the audio or cause extra power consumption in a handheld.
| The product is of no use! It would have been good in the 80's before the
| K40 and Protel mics were used on CBs. Current CBs and amateur equipment
| would not tolerate that circuit as the impedances are completely wrong too.
|
| You haven't researched and appear to have very little working AF/RF
| knowledge.
|
|Coax is certainly necessary... and the board is fully shielded. What
|do you think that tin plate is for?
|The rest of your comments show that you obviously have not read the
|installation manual. I suggest you do so at http://www.telstar-electronics.com/VoiceMax%20B.pdf
|Thanks for your comments.
|-----------------------

bovine excrement.

The board is not fully shielded. From the pictures I see components on
one side. If it were fully shielded then I should not see conponents
but some form of shielding.

james

Old August 9th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 8, 5:19 pm, james wrote:
The board is not fully shielded. From the pictures I see components on
one side. If it were fully shielded then I should not see conponents
but some form of shielding.
james

What are you talking about?
The components are all under a metal shield...
The picture you see with all the components is before the shield goes
on.
I see you're still as sharp as a tack... lol
Now get your glasses this time and look again...

VoiceMax... Telstar Electronics CB 54 May 7th 07 02:46 PM
VoiceMax is Coming... Telstar Electronics CB 14 May 3rd 07 06:29 PM
My Introductory Post.. gbowne1 Homebrew 12 March 21st 07 05:33 AM
An Introductory Course in Five Sessions [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 26th 07 03:35 AM
"FREE" Introductory Self-Hypnosis CD "FREE" WA3MOJ CB 0 September 4th 04 06:32 PM