RadioBanter

-   -   TRC-207 (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/124070-trc-207-a.html)

Radiosrfun August 25th 07 12:51 AM

TRC-207

Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the TRC -
207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and have
no info on it.

Thanks!

Paul Johnson August 26th 07 07:50 PM

TRC-207

On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the TRC -
207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and have
no info on it.

That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?

Radiosrfun August 26th 07 08:58 PM

TRC-207

"Paul Johnson" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the
TRC -
207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and
have
no info on it.

That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?

Yesirree you are correct. I don't have it here in front of me, but I think
the last four digits of the cat number are 1625.

I can see the "Final" transistor is cracked and whether "that" is causing
one of the issues alone or not - I'm not sure. The modulation level is less
than expected on the scope and the Audio stage transformer is getting mighty
warm - has already made the case top get wrinkled. Intermittently, the thing
is going into a "Scan" mode on channels. I'll have to check the switches
too - make sure they're not sticking or whatever.

I hate diagnosing stuff without schematics - if one can be had. I have one I
bought new - got this one used minus antenna and so on - for $3. I got an
antenna to use on it - just want to get it fixed up as a mate to the other.

Paul Johnson August 26th 07 11:07 PM

TRC-207

On Aug 26, 12:58 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
"Paul Johnson" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the
TRC -
207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and
have
no info on it.

That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?

Yesirree you are correct. I don't have it here in front of me, but I think
the last four digits of the cat number are 1625.

I'm not sure Radio Shack was interested in making these repairable at
all, I'm not sure a schematic exists for any of the Realistic line.
For the money, you might be better off getting a new handheld...

james August 27th 07 01:44 AM

TRC-207

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:07:31 -0000, Paul Johnson
wrote:

|On Aug 26, 12:58 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
| "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
|
| oups.com...
|
| On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
| Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the
| TRC -
| 207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and
| have
| no info on it.
|
| That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?
|
| Yesirree you are correct. I don't have it here in front of me, but I think
| the last four digits of the cat number are 1625.
|
|I'm not sure Radio Shack was interested in making these repairable at
|all, I'm not sure a schematic exists for any of the Realistic line.
|For the money, you might be better off getting a new handheld...

|-----------------

Radio Shack made schematics available for most if not all their CB
radios.

james

[email protected] May 20th 18 12:02 PM

TRC-207

wrote:

|On Aug 26, 12:58 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
| "Paul Johnson" wrote in message
|
| oups.com...
|
| On Aug 24, 4:51 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
| Has anyone got the schematic at the least - or service manual for the
| TRC -
| 207 - 40 Channel CB Walkie Talkie? I have one here with an issue - and
| have
| no info on it.
|
| That looks like a Realistic model number, am I correct?
|
| Yesirree you are correct. I don't have it here in front of me, but I think
| the last four digits of the cat number are 1625.
|
|I'm not sure Radio Shack was interested in making these repairable at
|all, I'm not sure a schematic exists for any of the Realistic line.
|For the money, you might be better off getting a new handheld...

Radio Shack made schematics available for most if not all their CB
radios.

james

Wow,what a lazy bunch...did not make them repairable? Anything it repairable if you make an effort.Find a licensed ham radio group or the like and they will help you to fix that easily.