RadioBanter

-   -   single sideband walkie talkie (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/126381-single-sideband-walkie-talkie.html)

mark October 25th 07 07:58 AM

single sideband walkie talkie

Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

james October 25th 07 04:53 PM

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:58:33 -0700, mark wrote:

|Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

|-----------------

I think there was one made during the 70's but was very expensive and
quite bulky. I vag uely remember an add I saw and really was
interested but didn't have the finances to purchase one.

james

Brian[_3_] October 25th 07 04:57 PM

mark wrote:

Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

There was one:

Cherokee AH-100

http://radioproshop.com/cherokee/ah100.htm

I am not sure if there were any others, but I seem to remember something
about a Midland SSB handheld in the 70s.

Brian
Brian J. Rueger "Who dares wins"
Capt.(Ret)/Paramedic Hampton, VA.
B.S.Comm/I/Pilot MSgt, USAF (Ret.) 49199
Check out my personal home page: http://members.cox.net/brueger
Check out my photography: http://www.usefilm.com/member/skypilot
Check out some of my other photography: http://tinyurl.com/or7kc
"Life's too short to drink LITE beer!"

Steveo October 25th 07 10:34 PM

wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:58:33 -0700, mark wrote:

|Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

|-----------------

I think there was one made during the 70's but was very expensive and
quite bulky. I vag uely remember an add I saw and really was
interested but didn't have the finances to purchase one.

james

I imagine it would be somewhat of a battery hog on transmit. (depending on
the output) I sorta remember one being made back when, but I don't recall
the brand.

Jay in the Mojave October 25th 07 11:02 PM

Brian wrote:
mark wrote:

Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

There was one:

Cherokee AH-100

http://radioproshop.com/cherokee/ah100.htm

I am not sure if there were any others, but I seem to remember something
about a Midland SSB handheld in the 70s.

Brian

Hello Brian and all:

Yeah good call. I believe Midland or Lafeyette had a battery (D-cell)
portable SSB/AM radio out a long time ago. I'll bet Woody World CB
Gazette at http://www.cbgazette.com/gaz2.html
might reviel some old info ,aybe?!?!?

Jay in the Mojave

Vinnie S. October 26th 07 03:30 AM

single sideband walkie talkie

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:58:33 -0700, mark wrote:

Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

Cherokee made one, I think AH-27. Rare.

Vinnie S.

Brian[_3_] October 27th 07 03:20 PM

Freddy the Destroyer wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:58:33 -0700, mark wrote:

Anybody know if they ever made a SSB Cb walkie talkie?

Cherokee made an export ht the ah 100 that could be modified for 11
meters. They can be found on ebay.

I am pretty sure that the AH-100 was not an export. There were further
knock offs that may have been - i.e. with FM and expanded frequencies.