Old December 3rd 08, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default SoundZone Coming Q1 2009...

Again, thanks to all here who offered their excellent suggestions for
a product name.
SoundZone is a reality!... and prototypes are being field tested at
this time.
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/soundzone.htm

|------------------

You didn't use my suggested name! Gosh I feel rejected and abused.
Oh well I wil get over it someday. :-)
james- Hide quoted text -

you need one, griffag...we have all toldya we dont want ye crap in
here and you evidently cant hear.!!

Batch Search Summary
SEARCH ID SEARCH CRITERIA IDENTIFIER STATUS
3930206 Chapman,Randall CCH/NBF/SOR [9 results.] VIEW DETAILS

RESULTS FOR 'CHAPMAN,RANDALL '
Search ID 3930206 Back to Top
NAME DPS NUMBER SEX RACE DATE OF BIRTH CCH SOR NBF
CHAPMAN,RANDOLPH WILLARD 05388013 MALE WHITE 03/22/1961 VIEW

CHAPMAN,RANDOLPH WILLARD (SID: 05388013)
SEX RACE ETHNICITY HEIGHT WEIGHT EYES HAIR COLOR DL NUMBER FBI# DLU
MALE WHITE 508 195 BROWN Brown 10/26/1995
NAMES CHAPMAN,RANDOLPH WILLARD (Primary)
CHAPMAN,RANDY

BIRTHDATES 03/22/1961 (Primary)

Arrest Summary (TRN)
DATE OF ARREST SEQUENCE CODE TRACKING NUMBER AGENCY DESCRIPTION
01/16/1995 A 0007369727 TEXAS CITY PD View

Arrest Date: 01/16/1995 Arrest Summary

DATE OF ARREST 01/16/1995
SEQUENCE CODE A
TRACKING NUMBER 0007369727
AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX0840900 ( TEXAS CITY PD )
CHARGE
TRACKING SUFFIX A001
OFFENSE DETAIL
INTERNAL AGENCY PERSON NUMBER 020130
INTERNAL AGENCY CASE NUMBER 95633
ARREST OFFENSE 35990014 ( POSS CS PG 1 1G )
ARREST OFFENSE CITATION 481.115(b)
LEVEL AND DEGREE OF OFFENSE FS ( FELONY - STATE JAIL FELONY )
DATE OF OFFENSE 01/16/1995
ARREST DISPOSITION 205 ( HELD )
ARREST DISPOSITION DATE 01/16/1995
PROSECUTOR ORI REFERRED TO TX084015A ( DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE
GALVESTON )
PROSECUTION DETAIL
AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX084015A ( DISTRICT ATTORNEYS OFFICE
GALVESTON )
PROSECUTOR ACTION FIELD A ( PROSECUTOR ACCEPTS THE CHARGE )
PROSECUTOR OFFENSE 35990014 ( POSS CS PG 1 1G )
PROSECUTOR OFFENSE CITATION 481.115(b)
LEVEL AND DEGREE PROSECUTED FS ( FELONY - STATE JAIL FELONY )
COURT STATUS
COURT SEQUENCE a
AGENCY DESCRIPTION TX084035J ( 122ND DISTRICT COURT GALVESTON )
COURT OFFENSE 35990014 ( POSS CS PG 1 1G )
CITATION 481.115(b)
LEVEL AND DEGREE OFFENSE FS ( FELONY - STATE JAIL FELONY )
COURT DISPOSITION 312 ( DEFERRED )
COURT DISPOSITION DATE 09/21/1995
DATE OF SENTENCE/STATUS 09/21/1995
CAUSE NUMBER 95CR0800
FINAL PLEADING G ( GUILTY )
COURT PROBATION 4Y
COURT FINE 200
COURT COSTS 157
AGENCY RECEIVING CUSTODY GCCSCD

Old December 5th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

you need one, griffag...we have all toldya we dont want ye crap in
here and you evidently cant hear.!!

Well, since there's nothing wrong with your hearing... you'll be able
to hear me laughing all the way to the bank... lol

Old December 6th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

SoundZone is a reality!... and prototypes are being field tested at this time.

I missed what this new product does. Can we get a quick description?
Old December 6th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 6, 3:26*am, Scott in Baltimore wrote:
SoundZone is a reality!... and prototypes are being field tested at this time.

I missed what this new product does. Can we get a quick description?

I guess I only asked for name suggestions... but never said what it
was. Good question. See http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=260320276884
for some preliminary information.

Old December 7th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

How's your business going given the current state of the economy? For some
it really sucks. What this county needs is more home grown businesses like
yours to keep people working.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Old December 7th 08, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" spammed...
Again, thanks to all here who offered their excellent suggestions for
a product name.

Have you not already thanked everyone on this group, earlier this
year? And was you not asked back then, why you are thanking us
when you never asked this group for a name?

As you appear to have forgotten to tell us, exactly what is this new
product? What does it do, why should I bother following your link?

SoundZone is a reality!...

Oh, that explains it... a reality. I am sure that we all want a reality
in our CB radios.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/soundzone.htm

Why bother creating a Web page for your "reality", then leave out
important information... like WTF it is?

If your intention was to build up excitement, keeping people begging
for the next installment of the saga (as done on TV advertising), then
you have lost the plot.
There is no excitement in a couple of photos of PCBs. The response
is, "yeah, so what?" I see no reason to keep going back to that page
in the hope that you will - one day - decide to tell us what it is.

BTW: Your combination of text, background color and font weight
makes it hard to read (at best). Some text is barely visible and totally
unreadable (like the line below the "Telstar" banner).
The fact that browsers have "accessibility" options is no excuse for poor
design, where the "Webmaster" has totally ignored the way the human
eye works.
If I set my browser to ignore your poor choice of colors, fonts, etc. then
it ignores them for all Websites. Why should people set their browser to
make all sites look crap, when it is far easier to avoid crap sites?

I know, I know...
"Thank you for your interest..."
But it would help if you could at least appear to be interested in the
comments of potential customers and site visitors, rather than appearing
totally arrogant.
After all, if you cannot give a flying poo about site visitors before they
buy a product, they have no hope of "support" once you have their
money.

Regards,
Peter.

Old December 7th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

just good marketing on his part why does that **** you off so?

Old December 8th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

BTW: *Your combination of text, background color and font weight
makes it hard to read (at best). *Some text is barely visible and totally
unreadable (like the line below the "Telstar" banner).
The fact that browsers have "accessibility" options is no excuse for poor
design, where the "Webmaster" has totally ignored the way the human
eye works.
If I set my browser to ignore your poor choice of colors, fonts, etc. then
it ignores them for all Websites. *Why should people set their browser to
make all sites look crap, when it is far easier to avoid crap sites?
Peter.

Peter, you need to pry that old wallet open and get yourself a decent
monitor.
After all... what can you expect fom a 19" CRT that has had
convergence problems since 1992. You got your money's worth... quit
milking it!

Old December 11th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"an_old_fart" whimpered...

just good marketing on his part

Rubbish.
Where did you learn about business and marketing, back of a cornflake
box?

Brian is far from being the only person selling that type of product,
the
market is already saturated with cheaper and better products. If the
audience don't get the message, then it is only Brian who will lose out.

If people cannot see a good reason to follow a link, then they will not
follow it. You think it's just a link, one click, right?
But how many links does a serious surfer see each day? They cannot
follow them all, they go for those that look like they will interest
them.
Also, links in newsgroups are not always what they may seem. Not
all links in this group have been CB related or fit for public viewing.

What made Brian's post worse was that those who did follow the link
were still not informed what the product was.
I was not the only person who asked, but the more important question
is the number who did not bother asking... because they simply gave
up and may never follow a Telstar link again.

Another issue is that of thanking the wrong people, and thanking them
twice. It makes the sender look absent minded, not fully in control
and lacking organization. That point is covered in basic business
studies, as are advertising methods.

Marketing is more than just spamming newsgroups or advertising. It
goes much deeper, and bad marketing can be worse than none at all.

I suggest that you take a look at some media releases of REAL
businesses.
You know, those who do not claim to be a "hobby" whenever it suits them
and who actually make a nett profit above the minimum wage.

If Brian was using "good marketing", he would not still be struggling to
sell
ONE product. After all these years, he should at least be living off
the profit
(look at his figures) and possibly paying other people to work for him.

why does that **** you off so?

If that were so, he would be in my killfile along with so many trolls on
the group who only come here to abuse people.
What I don't get is why you feel the need to speak up for Brian, do
you represent him? Are the two of you... errr... "partners"?

It was not "good marketing", it was a lie. The proof came when, after
posting that message suggesting that he welcomed feedback, he
actually got real genuine feedback.
He started wailing, moaning, swinging his handbag and hurling personal
insults. Then you wade in, making it look like he has or needs some
"partner" to help him insult and abuse people.

If you think that showing total contempt for potential customers, site
visitors, media, etc. is "good marketing", then you have lost touch
with reality.

Regards,
Peter.