RadioBanter

-   -   My legal CB with five watts output power. (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/139754-re-my-legal-cb-five-watts-output-power.html)

D. Stussy December 30th 08 08:31 AM

My legal CB with five watts output power.

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 7:46 pm, radioguy wrote:
I still have my old FCC-approved 40 channel cb I bought brand-new
years ago, and right on the box by the manufacturer itself, it says
this 40 channel cb has "five watts output power".

I thought the legal limits 4 w am and `2 ssb although it hardly
matters
-------
It depends where the power measurement is taken. 5W into the final
filter to the antenna connector is fine because there is some loss in
the process as the receiving circuitry (the portion not switched out)
drains some power.