RadioBanter

-   -   Heathkit SB-220 (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/141216-heathkit-sb-220-a.html)

Steve February 24th 09 02:35 AM

Heathkit SB-220

Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If fact
it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order with this
dog.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

[email protected] February 24th 09 02:50 PM

Heathkit SB-220

On Feb 23, 9:35*pm, Steve wrote:
Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If fact
it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order with this
dog.

--
* * * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/

now you can really reach out to truckers and get more toilet stall
business, fairy.

Lancer March 1st 09 08:18 PM

Heathkit SB-220

Hi Steve;
Nice amplifier. Expensive if you want to re-tube it.

On 24 Feb 2009 02:35:18 GMT, Steve wrote:

Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If fact
it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order with this
dog.

KD8IMG, Robert Trendel, is a twice convicted stalker of women. March 4th 09 05:50 PM

Heathkit SB-220

On Mar 4, 8:47*am, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steve wrote:
Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If fact
it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order with this
dog.

Hello Steve:

Good Amp takes 80 to watts drive. Watch out for the band switch they are
weak.

Jay in the Mojave

why do you call him steve...that's not his name and you know it.

Steve March 4th 09 07:41 PM

Heathkit SB-220

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steve wrote:
Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If
fact it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order with
this dog.

Hello Steve:

Good Amp takes 80 to watts drive. Watch out for the band switch they are
weak.

Jay in the Mojave

Hello Jay,

I ended up trading it and a nice 101E to a local guy for an almost new
ameritron al-80b, it's in nice shape and much newer, so I couldn't pass it
up.

This one only runs a single 3-500z so the output is less but it should last
a long time.

73
Steve.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Steve March 4th 09 07:44 PM

Heathkit SB-220

Lancer wrote:
Hi Steve;
Nice amplifier. Expensive if you want to re-tube it.

Hello Lancer,

Yeah you're right, I traded it for an al-80b.

Good to see you post here again.

73
Steve.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Steve March 4th 09 08:36 PM

Heathkit SB-220

Steve wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steve wrote:
Picked up one used at the Mansfield hamfest, old but still strong. If
fact it has the original tubes in it. Forget 120v, 240 is in order
with this dog.

Hello Steve:

Good Amp takes 80 to watts drive. Watch out for the band switch they
are weak.

Jay in the Mojave

Hello Jay,

I ended up trading it and a nice 101E to a local guy for an almost new
ameritron al-80b, it's in nice shape and much newer, so I couldn't pass
it up.

This one only runs a single 3-500z so the output is less but it should
last a long time.

73
Steve.

Piggy-back my post:

Hey Jay, the Interceptor still looks and performs like the day I took it
out of the box. Good job OM.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

KD8IMG, Robert Trendel, is a twice convicted stalker of women. March 5th 09 12:47 PM

Heathkit SB-220

On Mar 4, 3:36*pm, Steve wrote:
Steve wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
Steve wrote:
[...]

* * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/- Hide quoted text -

the truckers love that good clean signal.. Mopey loves the truckers
wangs

Jay in the Mojave March 5th 09 02:02 PM

Heathkit SB-220

Hello Steve:

Yeah thats another great amp. Ameritron makes great amps I think.

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/448

Thanks for the flowers on the Interceptor 10K Antenna. Its made to last.

Jay in the Mojave

Steve wrote: