RadioBanter

-   -   FRS walkie talkies (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/151433-frs-walkie-talkies.html)

Stormin Mormon May 20th 10 03:30 PM

FRS walkie talkies

Are FRS sets close enough to CB, to be on topic, here?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Scott in Baltimore[_2_] May 23rd 10 01:37 PM

FRS walkie talkies

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Are FRS sets close enough to CB, to be on topic, here?

They are Part 95 devices, like MURS.

Stormin Mormon May 23rd 10 01:42 PM

FRS walkie talkies

Would that be a yes, or a no?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Jim Hampton May 25th 10 04:57 AM

FRS walkie talkies

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Would that be a yes, or a no?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Take that as a "yes". Far more on topic than most posts ;)

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Stormin Mormon May 28th 10 12:41 PM

FRS walkie talkies

Day before yesterday I got a job, servicing an air conditioner, on the
roof of a store. I had to rope up several tools and such. Brought
along two FRS walkies. One for me, and one for my helper. That saved a
lot of confusion. From the roof, it's not possible to see the ground
next to the building. And certainly not possible to shout over and be
heard.

Saved a lot of labor, for sure.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Barry[_4_] June 9th 10 09:46 AM

FRS walkie talkies

On Fri, 28 May 2010 07:41:05 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Day before yesterday I got a job, servicing an air conditioner, on the
roof of a store. I had to rope up several tools and such. Brought
along two FRS walkies. One for me, and one for my helper. That saved a
lot of confusion. From the roof, it's not possible to see the ground
next to the building. And certainly not possible to shout over and be
heard.

Saved a lot of labor, for sure.

Its a great use for them.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It is sufficient to know Jesus never existed.

Stormin Mormon June 9th 10 02:45 PM

FRS walkie talkies

A bit lighter weight than CB sets with 8 batteries, or 10 batteries.

If Jesus never existed, then you are probably a walking primordal
soup?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus