RadioBanter

-   -   Cb radio peak and tune (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/157929-cb-radio-peak-tune.html)

Whrc0510 January 12th 11 06:27 AM

Cb radio peak and tune

Is it hard to do a peak and tune on a cb radio and what kind of equipment would I need?

Scott in Baltimore[_2_] January 12th 11 11:59 PM

Cb radio peak and tune

Whrc0510 wrote:
Is it hard to do a peak and tune on a cb radio and what kind of
equipment would I need?

Use the factory alignment procedure. Don't bother with the snake oil
parts clip. You'll need frequency generators, oscilloscopes, meters
and any other equipment noted in the manual.

richard[_3_] January 13th 11 01:17 AM

Cb radio peak and tune

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 06:27:57 +0000, Whrc0510 wrote:

Is it hard to do a peak and tune on a cb radio and what kind of
equipment would I need?

It would be a lot cheaper to take it to a radio shack that knows what
they're doing and has the equipment.
But if you want to buy the equipment for say around $10,000, just so you
can totally toast your radio, thats your business dude.

HEAD inj January 27th 11 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whrc0510 (Post 728900)
Is it hard to do a peak and tune on a cb radio and what kind of equipment would I need?

First off I would say no it's not hard to peak and tune BUT one needs to have a little savy on how it's done....it can be done with a meter for modulation and power But if you have not ever done one I would say watch someone do a few so you'll know what you are doing...