RadioBanter

-   -   Was CB ever standard equipment on a US car? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/253160-re-cb-ever-standard-equipment-us-car.html)

[email protected] January 31st 18 05:33 AM

Was CB ever standard equipment on a US car?

On Thursday, 27 August 1998 00:00:00 UTC-7, Richard Bray wrote:
Was the CB radio ever standard equipment on any makes or models of US
cars? Which car-makers offered it as an optional extra? Are CB's
standard or optional equipment on any trucks or utility vehicles
today?

As a few people on the newsgroup already know, I am preparing a
newspaper article about "whatever happened to CB radios". After a
little research, it looks like a lot has happened!

Dicks Jockey February 10th 18 09:51 PM

Was CB ever standard equipment on a US car?

On Thursday, 27 August 1998 00:00:00 UTC-7, Richard Bray wrote:

Was the CB radio ever standard equipment on any makes or models of US
cars? Which car-makers offered it as an optional extra?

There was a time when I was looking at a Mercury, back in the late
70's.....and it had CB radio optional....combined into the AM/FM/Cassette
player.

I never saw a car with the option included....just remember reading about it
in a car magazine.