RadioBanter

-   -   How far can a 100 watt linear broadcast? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/260823-how-far-can-100-watt-linear-broadcast.html)

[email protected] July 23rd 18 06:41 PM

How far can a 100 watt linear broadcast?

11 meters and ANY other frequency in the voice bands are NOT line of sight only. 2m can be multipath, bouncing off of hills, buildings etc as can any other freq. Ever try foxhunting in mountains or cities??

On 11m ssb I used to, in my cb days talk around the world on 6W.

Clownshoes August 13th 18 02:57 AM

How far can a 100 watt linear broadcast?

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:41:45 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

11 meters and ANY other frequency in the voice bands are NOT line of
sight only. 2m can be multipath, bouncing off of hills, buildings etc
as can any other freq. Ever try foxhunting in mountains or cities??

On 11m ssb I used to, in my cb days talk around the world on 6W.

The answer to your question is thus:

Exactly 12 feet, nine and three-quarter inches.

You're welcome.

- Clownshoes the CB Dude