RadioBanter

-   -   Rci2990 q38 help (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/261809-rci2990-q38-help.html)

[email protected] August 17th 18 01:20 PM

Rci2990 q38 help

Hello all, seeking help. I have a decent working 2990 here, except for one problem. Q38, the switching transistor gets VERY hot in a very short time. Checked voltages at the collector, service manual says 8.00v in tx, I show 5v and slowly climbs up. Q37 is fine, radio works fine. Just I am concerned with this transistor getting so hot I actually burned my finger off of it. Thanks for the help!