RadioBanter

-   -   DAK IX Plate Current (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/291256-re-dak-ix-plate-current.html)

[email protected] July 9th 20 01:38 PM

DAK IX Plate Current

On Tuesday, September 1, 1998 at 4:00:00 AM UTC-3, wrote:
Hi
The meter on my Dak IX shows in the red when flipped to measure plate
current.Can someone explain what plate current is and why it is burying
the meter.As always I will appreciate all info.
Thanx
Zeb

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure it out?If so I would really appreciate it if you could post it hear or even better if you would send the info to me at the following. Best Regards.Donald.

Guglielmo Marconi[_4_] July 9th 20 06:38 PM

DAK IX Plate Current

In article ,
wrote:

Hello,I know your Dak9 Final bias post was a LONG time ago but I have one
with the same problem and have tried everywhere and everything to find out
where and what the adjustment is, no one seems to know.Did you ever figure
it out?If so I would really appreciate it if you could post it hear or even
better if you would send the info to me at the following.

Hi Don,
I was one of the engineers at M.H. Scott Corp that helped design the finals
in the Dak Mark 9 CB. There is nothing special about them and they really
are terrible finals, but what we didn't know at the time was that selling
a CB with tubes, there would be a ****-load of retards asking how to adjust
plate current.

Guglielmo