RadioBanter

-   -   >>Shakespeare NBS 2010 Army Big Stick cb antenna<< (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/29422-%3E%3Eshakespeare-nbs-2010-army-big-stick-cb-antenna%3C%3C.html)

John July 23rd 03 01:33 AM

>>Shakespeare NBS 2010 Army Big Stick cb antenna<<

Anyone using this 5/8 wave type antenna? It used to be the 1600 and
now it seems they have 2 versions. The NBS 2010 and the Army Big
Stick which is painted camo green. Is the green color the only
difference? I heard that the composites and the manufacturing on it
are better than the A99 and the IMax 2000. Can you offer any advice
on this antenna? I would like to buy it for my cb base station Cobra
29 LTD peaked and tuned very well with a hand held D 104 power mike.
Thanks

Dino July 23rd 03 05:10 AM

Out of the three antennas you listed, the NBS 2010 is the best built.

The ABS 1600 (green) has been discontinued and replaced by the NBS 2010.
I would actually like to buy an ABS 1600 new in the box but have been
unable to find one.

You will need some good coax too. Get Times Microwave LMR-400 or
CableXperts 1318. Do a search on Google to find the website for
CableXperts.

Dino