Old October 17th 20, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Tallest CB Antenna In The World !

On Monday, December 1, 1997 at 6:30:00 PM UTC+10:30, mcwood wrote:
The highest ones that I have talked to were both portable at about 30,000
feet over the midwest in commercial jets. They were commercial pilots
operating on 38 lower SSB with about 100 watts from 3 to 30 meter HAM sets
in the cockpits. I have no idea of the antennas they were using but I doubt
that they were magnetic mounted mobiles. One called himself Sky King and
was an arrogant flyboy type offering QSL's and other services to any SYT
that answerred his call and the other went by Waldo and had the best, most
mellow voice, and was a real gentleman. Perhaps someone else has heard
either or both of these as well as others. The first clue is a stong signal
out of nowhere when there is no skip rolling, with rapidly changing QTH's.
The day I first heard Waldo he had just left Chicago and was heading for
Denver and over the course of a few minutes had worked contacts with
regular friends and new QSL's alike all along the way. It seemed like he
was able to work contacts from St. Louis to St. Paul.
CWM

What about this CB Antenna -https://www.computer7.com/the-biggest-cb-antenna-on-the-planet/