Old September 9th 03, 01:11 AM
Pack Rat

Default FS: Palomar 225

Cleaning out the garage I found this thing and according to my former
tennent it is for CB radio and it was working fine when he removed it
from his truck last year.
Has 3 rocker switches and 3 green leds in a heavy heatsinked box.

$50.00 + shipping

Pack Rat

Old September 9th 03, 04:52 PM
Twistedhed

Fifty bucks plus shipping is almost what they cost brand new wholesale,
give or take 10 or 15 bucks. An "as-is" older model may get you 50 bucks
total. Try yahoo auctions. The auctions usually bring better prices than
merely listing the item on a ng. Good luck.

Old September 9th 03, 09:02 PM
Curious Dan

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Fifty bucks plus shipping is almost what they cost brand new wholesale,
give or take 10 or 15 bucks. An "as-is" older model may get you 50 bucks
total. Try yahoo auctions. The auctions usually bring better prices than
merely listing the item on a ng. Good luck.

Who cares what it costs wholesale, how many people can buy wholesale.

Old September 9th 03, 11:54 PM
Train

"Curious Dan" wrote in message

"Twistedhed" wrote in message
Fifty bucks plus shipping is almost what they cost brand new wholesale,
give or take 10 or 15 bucks. An "as-is" older model may get you 50 bucks
total. Try yahoo auctions. The auctions usually bring better prices than
merely listing the item on a ng. Good luck.

Who cares what it costs wholesale, how many people can buy wholesale.

Most of the people who read this group!
Train

Old September 10th 03, 03:18 AM
UknowMeJP

50 bucks is a steal.....let the guy sell it for what he wants too

Thatz-me-JP

Old September 10th 03, 09:57 PM
Curious Dan

"Train" wrote in message

Most of the people who read this group!
Train

Oh really so you know everyone who reads this Ng and what their buying
status is. Figures the mention of a sale of a illegal amp brings you

out.

Be careful Dan......................................your hatred for amps

is
showing.................
Train

Yes , Illegal amps are hated they are nothing but trouble.

Old September 11th 03, 08:53 PM
Curious Dan

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

a properly tuned amp married to the right
radio on eleven meter or the freeband will do nothing that one on ten
meter won't do,,period.

Twisty don't even start to try and talk technical you have already made a
fool out of yourself,
the True Ham amplifiers that are sold on the market are certainly not Class
C bleed boxes
.. Ham amps are Biased ab1 which is much cleaner less distortion, less over
drive. So please nutcase don't talk about things you don't know.

Old September 11th 03, 11:44 PM
Curious Dan

"Twistedhed" wrote in message

Yea,,you get upset realizing you know less than the lowly cber.
I forgot more than you know about radios. Fact#1

you have already made a fool out of yourself,

Your dilemma.
*******************
Not my dilema you have to live with it.

the True Ham amplifiers that are sold on the market are certainly not

Class C bleed boxes

Who said they were? YOU are the only one reaching..
I said they are, so you go out and find a class C amp sold for amatuer radio
use then report back with the IMD figures, if you can even find one.

. Ham amps are Biased ab1 which is much cleaner less distortion, less over

drive.

Point, besides the one on top of your head?
********************************
The point is your a joke when it comes to technical aspects of radio, I just
gave you the point and you failed to realize it
What is a properly tuned amp? Your trying to albeit not so good of comparing
a 11 meter splatter amp to a ham amp which is used on 10 meters. In reality
you try to say they will act the same when they won't the 11 meter amp will
cause more interference, known fact as eitner or another tech you trust
since you are clueless.

Did you forget you said this little tidbit?
"a properly tuned amp married to the right radio on eleven meter
or the freeband will do nothing that one on ten meter won't do,,period.

So please nutcase don't talk about things you don't know.

As usual, you can not attack the topic,
I tore your topic apart you cant answer my reply since you are stumped and
clueless.