RadioBanter

-   -   Antenna help (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/29828-re-antenna-help.html)

Swan Radioman September 22nd 03 05:05 PM

Antenna help

On 22 Sep 2003 15:38:45 GMT, wrote:

Do any of you antenna guru's have any experience with mobile
6 meter antenna's? I found this one and wondered if anyone
had any other suggestions?

http://www.radio-ware.com/products/6mblq.htm

I have never used that particular antenna, but a 1/4 whip for 6 meters
is 4.5 feet (54 inches). A cut down 1/4 CB whip should work very
well.

Royce Dean September 23rd 03 01:58 AM

A 5/8 wave 2 meter antenna works very well as a 1/4 wave on 6.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month

[email protected] September 23rd 03 03:22 AM

Swan Radioman wrote:
On 22 Sep 2003 15:38:45 GMT, wrote:

Do any of you antenna guru's have any experience with mobile
6 meter antenna's? I found this one and wondered if anyone
had any other suggestions?

http://www.radio-ware.com/products/6mblq.htm

I have never used that particular antenna, but a 1/4 whip for 6 meters
is 4.5 feet (54 inches). A cut down 1/4 CB whip should work very
well.

Good advice, Swan. I may be driving it past the legal n8wwm limit,
so maybe I'd be better off trimming the tree pruner..before I spew
that amplified ****?!?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
50 GB/Month