RadioBanter

-   -   smoking 25ltd now no needle movement (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/30623-smoking-25ltd-now-no-needle-movement.html)

ShaggyDAdawg December 21st 03 02:14 AM

smoking 25ltd now no needle movement

Uh oh. Virgin old Cobra 25ltd I just got yesterday started smoking today. D8
released the magic smoke. I saw on some mods pages to just jumper it so I did.
The radio x-mits and receives perfectly but now I noticed the VU needle won't
move. It won't move at all when I transmit and it just barely barely moves if
I key a walkie talkie right next to it, otherwise no movement on receive
either.

What do I check? Does the diode in D8 need to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for some pointers!

Shaggy Dogg

ShaggyDAdawg December 21st 03 02:15 AM

whoops! Cobra 29LTD not 25. Sorry. Also it's an original not a "classic"
model.