Old January 3rd 04, 05:15 AM
Steveo

tmac wrote:
On 03 Jan 2004 03:27:06 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

Radio **** Shack, should have it, it's only a hot and ground, two
wires. Try to find one that opens up with a screw, that way you
can fix it if it gets tugged. I don't like the ones with a rivet
thru them, although I've drilled out the rivet a few times.

Tell me about it. I had a riveted one that came with the
aforementioned Maxon. When it got a short, the best thing to do was
throw it away.

tmac

Sounds like you have smooth CB sailing. Where are gonna buy
your new radio and mag mount antenna?
Old January 3rd 04, 05:56 AM
Steveo

Steveo wrote:
"Forest" wrote:
Hey Steveo, where would I get and what type of cig plug would I need
say for a Uniden PRO538W CB?

Thanks.

Radio **** Shack, should have it, it's only a hot and ground, two
wires. Try to find one that opens up with a screw, that way you
can fix it if it gets tugged. I don't like the ones with a rivet
thru them, although I've drilled out the rivet a few times.

They might be at best buy, or circuit city too.

Oh btw, be sure the hot lead is fused between the radio
and cig plug. 3-5 amp should be plenty for that radio.
Old January 3rd 04, 01:36 PM
Forest

Thanks, was thinking of this CB-3AP
http://www.rfwiz.com/CB_Accessories/CB_AccDCPower.htm

Old January 3rd 04, 02:04 PM
tmac

On 03 Jan 2004 05:15:58 GMT, Steveo
wrote:

Sounds like you have smooth CB sailing. Where are gonna buy
your new radio and mag mount antenna?

I have a Little Will mag mount antenna already, the one I use with my
mobile radio. Any recommendations for a nice handheld?

And assuming the new HH comes with a rubber duck antenna, I may
experiment with the RS telescoping antenna and see if that's good
enough for my purposes. If I'm going to use a mag mount antenna, I
might as well hook up the big radio.

tmac
Old January 3rd 04, 03:33 PM
Steveo

wrote:

Sounds like you have smooth CB sailing. Where are gonna buy
your new radio and mag mount antenna?

I have a Little Will mag mount antenna already, the one I use with my
mobile radio. Any recommendations for a nice handheld?

No. They suck used cock.