RadioBanter

-   -   Noisy Neighbour (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/31959-noisy-neighbour.html)

Dude May 27th 04 09:05 AM

Noisy Neighbour

I have a noisy that has no respect for people. He has mixing decks
which he plays all the time which you can hear through the wall. I
have researched ways of interfering with his stereo and came across
many web sites stating that cb can affect stereo speakers.

I know this isn't really the group to ask this, but has anyone
suggestions on how to interfere with his stereo speakers as he is
starting to really get on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I Am Not George May 27th 04 04:02 PM

(Dude) wrote in message . com...
I have a noisy that has no respect for people. He has mixing decks
which he plays all the time which you can hear through the wall. I
have researched ways of interfering with his stereo and came across
many web sites stating that cb can affect stereo speakers.

I know this isn't really the group to ask this, but has anyone
suggestions on how to interfere with his stereo speakers as he is
starting to really get on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

the real old school keyclowns that used to be in here Sean, Toll Free
Bill Eitener, Train, Dennis #12. are gone they could have told you how
to create interference they were experts. Tim Nebo may be able to
help if he is not stoned. or just go to the uk.rec.radio.cb group and
let the brummies take care of you.

I Am Not George May 27th 04 10:35 PM

itoldyouiamnotiamnotgeorge
wrote:
(I Am Not George) wrote in
om:

(Dude) wrote in message
. com...
I have a noisy that has no respect for people. He has mixing decks
which he plays all the time which you can hear through the wall. I
have researched ways of interfering with his stereo and came across
many web sites stating that cb can affect stereo speakers.

I know this isn't really the group to ask this, but has anyone
suggestions on how to interfere with his stereo speakers as he is
starting to really get on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

the real old school keyclowns that used to be in here Sean, Toll Free
Bill Eitener, Train, Dennis #12. are gone they could have told you how
to create interference they were experts. Tim Nebo may be able to
help if he is not stoned. or just go to the uk.rec.radio.cb group and
let the brummies take care of you.

Train was no expert far from it.

pay attention lil bro I said train was expert at how to create interference

Jim Hampton May 28th 04 12:44 AM

Hello, Dude

Many areas have enacted ordinances which allow the local police to ticket
CBs which cause interference, so you might wish to reconsider. The problem
is, of course, that the speaker wires can pick up radiation and conduct it
back into the audio system which can then rectify (detect) the signal,
amplify it, and send it back to the speakers.

To avoid interference, it would be best to have an outdoor antenna, oriented
vertically. The reasoning is that most of the speaker wires will be run
horizontally. Should you run a horizontal dipole (bent, if necessary),
especially around the floor of your apartment/condo, the chances would be
great that you would interfere with his stereo - a *lot*. Of course, you
wouldn't want such a dipole right on the wall next to his unit. A stock cb
would likely wreck havoc to his stereo if fed into two 9 foot lengths of
wire (a dipole) run along the wall between your units, so don't do that. Of
course, if you ever had any interference problems, you'd be better off
running ssb. It will interfere as much, but your voice won't be
recognizable. Hopefully, you wouldn't do something like that.

I had a problem a couple of years ago. A 500 watt entertainment center plus
250 watt subwofer went a long ways to curing the problem. That, plus
recordings of "The Thunderer", "Washington Post March", "The Stars and
Stripes Forever", and a whole lot of other marches burned onto a cd can work
wonders. :))

Hope this helps!

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

"Dude" wrote in message
om...
I have a noisy that has no respect for people. He has mixing decks
which he plays all the time which you can hear through the wall. I
have researched ways of interfering with his stereo and came across
many web sites stating that cb can affect stereo speakers.

I know this isn't really the group to ask this, but has anyone
suggestions on how to interfere with his stereo speakers as he is
starting to really get on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

---

Steveo May 28th 04 12:53 AM

-snip some good Jim stuff-

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
Hello, Dude

Of course, you wouldn't want such a dipole right on the wall next
to his unit. A stock cb would likely wreck havoc to his stereo if fed
into two 9 foot lengths of wire (a dipole) run along the wall between
your units, so don't do that.

Oh, don't turn your power mic up full blast and disconnect the ground
from you coax either.

... and be sure not to buy a small 12v mobile linear amplifier, that runs
best on a battery charger with no battery. g

Good advice, Jim..hope he never moves in next to me.

I Am Not George May 28th 04 01:00 AM

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
[...]

"Dude" wrote in message
. com...
I have a noisy that has no respect for people. He has mixing decks
which he plays all the time which you can hear through the wall. I
have researched ways of interfering with his stereo and came across
many web sites stating that cb can affect stereo speakers.

I know this isn't really the group to ask this, but has anyone
suggestions on how to interfere with his stereo speakers as he is
starting to really get on my nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

thanks for condoning rf interference to a neigbors stereo and not
having the guts to own up to it surely the guy will find out its a cb
and surly he will come knocking on dudes door and then their will be
an ass kicking and it will be your fault Jim. or some other cber will
be blamed for it. your solution is typical key clown thinking, low
down and dirty like Steveo harassing leland at his home while keeping
his ID hidden etc. In the UK there are police just like here all it
takes is a polite visit to the guy and ask him to turn down his music
if he doesnt respond then get the police to remind him, case closed.

Jim Hampton May 28th 04 01:29 AM

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...

thanks for condoning rf interference to a neigbors stereo and not
having the guts to own up to it surely the guy will find out its a cb
and surly he will come knocking on dudes door and then their will be
an ass kicking and it will be your fault Jim. or some other cber will
be blamed for it. your solution is typical key clown thinking, low
down and dirty like Steveo harassing leland at his home while keeping
his ID hidden etc. In the UK there are police just like here all it
takes is a polite visit to the guy and ask him to turn down his music
if he doesnt respond then get the police to remind him, case closed.

To be honest, it is the way most audio equipment has been manufactured
(although this may have improved in the 8 years since I worked in an EMC
lab).

Under one test, we destroyed a monitor (as in computer monitor) with only 3
V/M unmodulated carrier! This kind of junk couldn't be sold in Europe at
that time. Of course, we've cheapened everything and have the manufacturing
largely in China using only the minimum component count necessary to make
the equipment work. BTW, the 3 V/M was around 220 MHz. A typical cell
phone will hit your noggin with about 60 V/M.

I had to assume that he had already tried "nice" channels; besides, I
believe I told him to avoid that horizontal dipole located next to the
problem unit. ;)

Perhaps I am wrong in the above assumption, but around here folks will park
in front of your driveway and just don't care. About the only thing to get
the police involved is if they hear a gunshot in the background when you
call them. I'm sure you think I am exaggerating, but, unfortunately, I am
not. One murder last night; another two days ago. Folks park where no
parking is permitted (and busses can't get through). So, I was going by the
assumption that the gentleman had no luck using proper channels; my
suggestion was a *big* stereo with appropriate recordings that most might
find irritating if played over and over. I still *love* Sousa!

Uh, Stevo keeps his id hidden? I'll have to check; the posts I've seen from
him do not have his id hidden. Then again, it may just be my imagination.

Steveo May 28th 04 01:50 AM

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
[...]

They know my name and the town I live in, Jim. Yet I've been Mr Peebles,
cuz they have me on nads roach coach apt video. Dogie even had the sack
to email me a warning that they had 'my finger prints on the note that I
stuck under Nad's door'.

Did anyone ever ask Leland what my note said?

I've also been the Nascar driver who is somewhat brain-dead, so I can
understand that comparison, but he doesn't have an s in his last name
....it gets confusing.

jim May 28th 04 02:19 AM

Steveo wrote:
"Jim Hampton" wrote:

[...]

the nascar driver is a sheet metal collector. dont think it applies here...

Steveo May 28th 04 02:30 AM

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
"Jim Hampton" wrote:

[...]

He's running in the Craftsman Truck Series now and doing a little
better than he was in the cup car. He used to be a pretty good
driver till he had a really bad wreck and head injury. You can
hear it in his speech now.

I can't afford to crush my sheet metal. That involves paint and
cha$$is on them old hot rods.