Old June 4th 04, 01:22 PM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
I'll just hop on the
anti-federal express and buy myself a big ol' lin-yar, drive around
town yelling "A-A-A-A-U-D-I-O-O-O" and cursing at anyone that pitches
a bitch because I'm bleeding all over Ch. 9. Hey, **** 'em if they
can't take a joke.

Are you going to buy a no name? g

Not only "no" but "**** NO!!!". If I'm going to violate federal regs
you can bet that I'll do it in style -- we're talking quad 3CX250's
for a big rig, or a pair of 6146's for a basic mobile. And none of
that solid-state crap -- tubes are the best tools for the job, and
they can be much more than "competitive" when under control of modern
semiconductor circuits.....

If I was going to build an amp it wouldn't be a conventional "linear".
I would channel the mic jack through the amp (plug the mic into the
amp and plug the amp into the CB mic jack), then run a full-blown,
grid-modulated, Class-E transmitter using the CB as the exciter only
(PLL- or xtal-controlled RF frequency source with -no- modulation).
Efficiency is better than 85% even -with- the filament power, and
harmonic distortion is negligible because output from the tubes is
high-impedance which is more easily filtered than the low-impedance of
a solid-state design.

Me buy a No-name amp? Bite your toungue!

Rock on! I figured you would build your own anyway..I like it..will
you make two of them? g

--
John Kerry honored by commies -
http://tinyurl.com/3cncy