RadioBanter

-   -   OT.....Vidalia Onions (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32111-ot-vidalia-onions.html)

Steveo June 22nd 04 01:58 AM

OT.....Vidalia Onions

Vidalia Onions are in at the market here in Ohio now..YUM!

I ain't George either June 22nd 04 02:09 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
Vidalia Onions are in at the market here in Ohio now..YUM!

Ever tried Texas 1015? I've read that Vidalia onions are Texas onions grown
in more favorable soil.

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 02:10 AM

Steveo wrote:

Vidalia Onions are in at the market here in Ohio now..YUM!

A guy right here in town grows Vidalia's, and yes they are great.

Steveo June 22nd 04 02:19 AM

"I ain't George either" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Vidalia Onions are in at the market here in Ohio now..YUM!

Ever tried Texas 1015? I've read that Vidalia onions are Texas onions
grown in more favorable soil.

I'd have to ask my wife if she's familiar with 1015's. Man..talk about
an onion you could eat like an apple..those Vidalia's are the bomb!

They don't even give you onion breath real bad..killer on almost anything.

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 02:39 AM

Steveo wrote:

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
They are really good.

I just got this recipie from the nascar group..figured I'd share.(sounds
good)

Peel it.
Scoop out the core with a spoon.
In the hole, put a bullion cube, a slab of butter, and an ice-cube.
Wrap in foil.
Put on the grill for 30 minutes

all thats missing is the mushrooms stuffed inside

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 02:48 AM

Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
They are really good.

I just got this recipie from the nascar group..figured I'd
share.(sounds good)

Peel it.
Scoop out the core with a spoon.
In the hole, put a bullion cube, a slab of butter, and an ice-cube.
Wrap in foil.
Put on the grill for 30 minutes

all thats missing is the mushrooms stuffed inside

There ya go..maybe some cheese at the very end of cooking it. Yikes!

Maybe even some fresh basil, a bit of crushed garlic,and tomato sauce
with fresh grated parmesiano regiano.

Damn now I am getting hungry.

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 03:04 AM

Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
They are really good.

I just got this recipie from the nascar group..figured I'd
share.(sounds good)

Peel it.
Scoop out the core with a spoon.
In the hole, put a bullion cube, a slab of butter, and an
ice-cube. Wrap in foil.
Put on the grill for 30 minutes

all thats missing is the mushrooms stuffed inside

There ya go..maybe some cheese at the very end of cooking it. Yikes!

Maybe even some fresh basil, a bit of crushed garlic,and tomato sauce
with fresh grated parmesiano regiano.

Damn now I am getting hungry.

Me too..I'm eating some fresh homegrown leaf-lettuce with olive oil
and vidalia onions, garlic, parma-cheese and some hydro tomatoe's.. yum!

heheh hot pastrami and swiss on rye, would kill for a garlic onion bagel
with cream cheese and smoked salmon though.

Oh and I got my steaming cup of Jamaica Blue Mt coffee

--
KC8TCQ

Know thyself. If you need
help, call the C.I.A.

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 03:09 AM

Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Steveo wrote:

"Jim Hampton" wrote:
They are really good.

I just got this recipie from the nascar group..figured I'd
share.(sounds good)

Peel it.
Scoop out the core with a spoon.
In the hole, put a bullion cube, a slab of butter, and an
ice-cube. Wrap in foil.
Put on the grill for 30 minutes

all thats missing is the mushrooms stuffed inside

There ya go..maybe some cheese at the very end of cooking it. Yikes!

Maybe even some fresh basil, a bit of crushed garlic,and tomato sauce
with fresh grated parmesiano regiano.

Damn now I am getting hungry.

Me too..I'm eating some fresh homegrown leaf-lettuce with olive oil
and vidalia onions, garlic, parma-cheese and some hydro tomatoe's.. yum!

And I forgot, Pink Floyd "The Wall" in the CD player
--
KC8TCQ

Know thyself. If you need
help, call the C.I.A.

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ June 22nd 04 03:11 AM

Steveo wrote:

Keith Hosman KC8TCQ wrote:
Me too..I'm eating some fresh homegrown leaf-lettuce with olive oil
and vidalia onions, garlic, parma-cheese and some hydro tomatoe's..
yum!

heheh hot pastrami and swiss on rye, would kill for a garlic onion bagel
with cream cheese and smoked salmon though.

Oh and I got my steaming cup of Jamaica Blue Mt coffee

Sounds like a party with good eats. Field day pig roast!

We usually try to have some good eats at Field Day, I might make my
chili this year again. My chili seems to be very popular heh
--
KC8TCQ

Know thyself. If you need
help, call the C.I.A.

Jim Hampton June 22nd 04 03:17 AM

Hello, Mopar

Yep, we *love* Vadallia onions. They may well be the same onion; I don't
know. However, they have to be grown in a very specific area. There are
some farmers mad as heck that live adjacent to a farm that grows Vadallias,
but if they grow 'em, they can't sell them as Vadallias as it wasn't grown
in the "approved" area (read - control output to keep price higher).

They are really good. I've found sometimes they can be a bit strong (likely
growing conditions), but usually they are very mild. I love cutting a *big*
slab of Vadallia to put on a hamburg. Yummy!

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim

---