RadioBanter

-   -   Newbie question, pls advice (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/32519-newbie-question-pls-advice.html)

jazu September 17th 04 07:36 AM

Newbie question, pls advice

Hi
I know nothing about CB.
I'd like to buy some "device" that does two functions (I'm even not sure if
those exist:):
-CB radio and scanner(be able to scan police frequency)
What particular model would you suggest? (not too expensive and not to big,
handheld preferable)
thanks
jazu

JASON WILLIAMS September 18th 04 10:42 AM

"Mitch Cumstein" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:36:45 -0700, jazu wrote:

Hi
I know nothing about CB.
I'd like to buy some "device" that does two functions (I'm even not sure

if
those exist:):
-CB radio and scanner(be able to scan police frequency)
What particular model would you suggest? (not too expensive and not to

big,
handheld preferable)
thanks
jazu

You're out of luck.

There was a device available 15-20 years ago that allowed you to receive 2m
band as well as CB band. FM only as i remember. But there are rx convertors
made by datong, try looking for datong on the web. GL

harvey September 18th 04 08:13 PM

"jazu" nospam wrote in message ...
| Hi
| I know nothing about CB.
| I'd like to buy some "device" that does two functions (I'm even not sure
if
| those exist:):
| -CB radio and scanner(be able to scan police frequency)
| What particular model would you suggest? (not too expensive and not to
big,
| handheld preferable)
| thanks
| jazu

tried duct tape yet? works wonders keeping your scanner attached to yer
radio...:D
sounds like what u are needin'
harv

[email protected] September 18th 04 08:37 PM

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:36:45 -0700, "jazu" nospam wrote:

Hi
I know nothing about CB.
I'd like to buy some "device" that does two functions (I'm even not sure if
those exist:):
-CB radio and scanner(be able to scan police frequency)
What particular model would you suggest? (not too expensive and not to big,
handheld preferable)
thanks
jazu

Try the Icom 706 series. It's not handheld, but is small and works on
12 volts.

JDH September 19th 04 04:26 PM

Yaesu VX-7R handheld radio receives .05-999 Mhz and transmits
2m/440/6m/220 - best radio for travel I have ever owned. Even gets shortwave
broadcast (ok) and AM/FM radio and TV simulcast. But, CB band (11 meters) is
RECEIVE only, you cannot transmit.

Here are the specs and a pic - http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/vx7r.htm

JD