RadioBanter

-   -   FS: AFTERBURNER PLUS model 482 for Parts/Restore>Cheep$15+ (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/33058-fs-afterburner-plus-model-482-parts-restore%3Echeep%2415.html)

Rich WA2RQY November 9th 04 04:19 AM

FS: AFTERBURNER PLUS model 482 for Parts/Restore>Cheep$15+

Hi All;
I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was stored
improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that cannot be cleaned,
sanded & painted with patience.
The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing looks
burn't or moded that I can tell!
Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you like:-)
Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
Pics:
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
Thanks & 73..
Rich WA2RQY

Steveo November 9th 04 11:18 AM

(Rich WA2RQY) wrote:
Hi All;
I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was stored
improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that cannot be
cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing looks
burn't or moded that I can tell!
Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
Pics:
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
Thanks & 73..
Rich WA2RQY

Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D

jim November 9th 04 06:38 PM

Steveo wrote:

(Rich WA2RQY) wrote:

Hi All;
I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was stored
improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that cannot be
cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing looks
burn't or moded that I can tell!
Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
Pics:
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
Thanks & 73..
Rich WA2RQY

Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D

considering he is from long island i wouldn't doubt it :)

Steveo November 9th 04 08:42 PM

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:

(Rich WA2RQY) wrote:

Hi All;
I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was stored
improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that cannot be
cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing
looks burn't or moded that I can tell!
Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
Pics:
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
Thanks & 73..
Rich WA2RQY

Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D

considering he is from long island i wouldn't doubt it :)

Got a little too much sea spray on/in it. "only needs some sanding
and paint". :D

harvey November 9th 04 10:28 PM

"Steveo" wrote in message
| jim wrote:
| Steveo wrote:
|
| (Rich WA2RQY) wrote:
|
| Hi All;
| I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was stored
| improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that cannot be
| cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
| The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing
| looks burn't or moded that I can tell!
| Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
| like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
| Pics:

http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
| http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
| http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
| Thanks & 73..
| Rich WA2RQY
|

| Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D
|
| considering he is from long island i wouldn't doubt it :)
|
| Got a little too much sea spray on/in it. "only needs some sanding
| and paint". :D
"Nothing that cannot be
cleaned, sanded & painted with patience."
i'd rather be doing something else with Patience than working on some
gear...:D not sure if i got patience to clean and sand and paint the amp but
sure would like her help if she's wearing cut-off's..:D
harv

Steveo November 9th 04 11:14 PM

"harvey" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
| jim wrote:
| Steveo wrote:
|
| (Rich WA2RQY) wrote:
|
| Hi All;
| I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was
| stored improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that
| cannot be cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
| The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and nothing
| looks burn't or moded that I can tell!
| Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
| like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
| Pics:

http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
| http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
| http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
| Thanks & 73..
| Rich WA2RQY
|

| Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D
|
| considering he is from long island i wouldn't doubt it :)
|
| Got a little too much sea spray on/in it. "only needs some sanding
| and paint". :D

"Nothing that cannot be
cleaned, sanded & painted with patience."

Tell me about it man, I'm a vintage Mopar guy. Patience is a good thing
to have when it comes to that old iron, radio or vehicle.

Hell I still run a Collins S line for good measure.

i'd rather be doing something else with Patience than working on some
gear...:D not sure if i got patience to clean and sand and paint the amp
but sure would like her help if she's wearing cut-off's..:D
harv

Daisey Dukes will get my attention faster than damn near anything Harvey,
and you're right, time is better spent.

harvey November 11th 04 02:53 AM

"Steveo" wrote in message
| "harvey" wrote:
| "Steveo" wrote in message
| | jim wrote:
| | Steveo wrote:
| |
| | (Rich WA2RQY) wrote:
| |
| | Hi All;
| | I found this small base amp thats not been used in years & was
| | stored improperly so there is a lot of oxidation. Nothing that
| | cannot be cleaned, sanded & painted with patience.
| | The 6JU6 tubes are gone but its all complete with cover and
nothing
| | looks burn't or moded that I can tell!
| | Of course its untested & being sold for parts or restore it if you
| | like:-) Price is a big $15 + postage(13lbs from 11758)
| | Pics:
| |
http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner1.jpg
| | http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner2.jpg
| | http://www.myradioroom.com/afterburner3.jpg
| | Thanks & 73..
| | Rich WA2RQY
| |
| |
| | Looks like it was a boat anchor..literally. :D
| |
| | considering he is from long island i wouldn't doubt it :)
| |
| | Got a little too much sea spray on/in it. "only needs some sanding
| | and paint". :D
|
| "Nothing that cannot be
| cleaned, sanded & painted with patience."
|
| Tell me about it man, I'm a vintage Mopar guy. Patience is a good thing
| to have when it comes to that old iron, radio or vehicle.
|
| Hell I still run a Collins S line for good measure.
|
| i'd rather be doing something else with Patience than working on some
| gear...:D not sure if i got patience to clean and sand and paint the amp
| but sure would like her help if she's wearing cut-off's..:D
| harv
|
| Daisey Dukes will get my attention faster than damn near anything Harvey,
| and you're right, time is better spent.
they are sexier than anything victorias secret ever put out..:)
harv

Rich WA2RQY November 18th 04 03:55 PM

Sorry but I did'nt a big $15 would break you guys.
Boy this is a tough crowd:-)
Rich