RadioBanter

-   -   Interesting tube for a homebrew linear... (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/72242-interesting-tube-homebrew-linear.html)

John Smith June 4th 05 08:05 PM

Interesting tube for a homebrew linear...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

John
--
Watching the cutting edge of yesterday replay--in virtual reality, right
before my eyes--in real time!

Jim Hampton June 4th 05 09:52 PM

"John Smith" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

John
--
Watching the cutting edge of yesterday replay--in virtual reality, right
before my eyes--in real time!
Thirty year old technology--wasn't it amazing?

Hello, John

What will be interesting is when someone goes to replace a smaller tube (say
a regulator) in one of the things. We expect to pay $100 or so for the big
ones; wait until they find out the small stuff now can cost $20 or *far*
more these days.

Only 10 years ago, I could get a 12AX7 for perhaps $6.00.

Now, I have to special order them and the small tubes such as that, if *new*
and not pullouts, run $20 to $30 a piece!

30 year old technocracy? It *is* amazing. Amazingly expensive LOL

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

John Smith June 4th 05 10:52 PM

Yes, all new projects here are with russian tubes... and you can't
afford to buy them through american distributors, they have about a
500%-1000% markup!!!
I think you can make contact though an address on that page I gave you
and probably buy the tubes direct... even with shipping a real deal...
luckily I have a contact though a friend...

Warmest regards,
John