RadioBanter

-   -   What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm sure...)? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/78277-what-everybody-running-asked-answered-million-times-im-sure.html)

Buther Boy September 15th 05 06:08 AM

--
Remove the word Spam from my e-mail to contact me...
http://www.PrivacySig.com/SIGbutherb...mail-black.png

Steveo September 15th 05 05:09 PM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

Buther Boy September 15th 05 11:17 PM

On 15 Sep 2005 16:09:11 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

That is beautiful...I may have to wait until I retire to get things
working the way I want them, i.e. antenna up at my residence.

Buther Boy

Vinnie S. September 16th 05 12:34 AM

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 00:08:51 -0500, Buther Boy wrote:

What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

At home, I have a Uniden Grant LT barefoot for CB, and Icom 746 for ham, and an
Imax-2000. I can only get 10-17 meters on my Imax, so I need another antenna
doe 20-40-80. And in my car I have a HR-2510 and a Wilson 1000.

Vinnie S.

[email protected] September 16th 05 03:10 AM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

What bands do you run with that thing?

Vinnie S. September 16th 05 03:15 AM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

They work well when you tie rope to them and use them for anchors.

Vinnie S.

Steveo September 16th 05 11:20 AM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

That is beautiful...I may have to wait until I retire to get things
working the way I want them, i.e. antenna up at my residence.

Buther Boy

I picked up an Icom 720A with power supply for $150 a few weeks back,
there's deals out there if you're patient.

http://www.mm0brg.freeserve.co.uk/Artwork/ic720a.jpg

Steveo September 16th 05 11:21 AM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

What bands do you run with that thing?

It works 80-10, I only use 11.

Steveo September 16th 05 11:23 AM

Buther Boy wrote:
What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

Collins S Line.

http://www.radioing.com/collins/ad00.jpg

They work well when you tie rope to them and use them for anchors.

Vinnie S.

Have you seen what they sell for lately? I bought mine about 15 years ago
for $500 complete.

Volker Tonn September 16th 05 12:08 PM

Buther Boy schrieb:

What is everybody running (asked and answered a million times, I'm
sure...)?

What about yourself?

I use a President George. At home and in my car.
At home I use a homebrew FD4-like antenna with some additional wires in
the attic 6th floor.
I also use it for SWLing with my NRD-525 and PCR-1000
On fielddays I use a Blizzard 2700 (5/8L with radials) on a 50' mast
and/ or
a A99 (1/2L no radials) on a 20' mast.
A HB9CV for 11mtrs is waiting to be mounted on a rotor
On my car I use different antennas
A base loaded 1/4L stainless steel whip (4') or
a Firestick FGT-6 (6') or
a top loaded 1/4L DV27S (4' 4") or
a 1/4L DV27L (8'10")