RadioBanter

-   -   my imax is laying in the garage corner to corner - no skip rolling in! (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/80675-my-imax-laying-garage-corner-corner-no-skip-rolling.html)

Buther Boy October 26th 05 09:46 PM

my imax is laying in the garage corner to corner - no skip rolling in!

Hi, I'm in the midwest and since I have the Imax 2000 already i
thought i would experiment and hook this thing up! It's in the garage
corner to corner with 50 feet of belden 8u with amphenol ends, la la
la la. Any way... swr seems okay... no skip though!

bb

--
Remove the word Spam from my e-mail to contact me...
http://www.PrivacySig.com/SIGbutherb...mail-black.png

Chad Wahls October 26th 05 11:48 PM

my imax is laying in the garage corner to corner - no skip rolling in!

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

Chad Wahls October 26th 05 11:48 PM

Buther Boy October 27th 05 01:21 PM

On 26 Oct 2005 15:48:17 -0700, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything in its grounded
horizontal configuration.

BB

Chad Wahls October 27th 05 02:35 PM

"Buther Boy" wrote in message
On 26 Oct 2005 15:48:17 -0700, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything in its grounded
horizontal configuration.

BB

I imagine! It's a wonder you have good SWR! Makes a killer albeit
inconvenient dummy load :)

Chad

Steveo October 27th 05 10:02 PM

Buther Boy wrote:
On 26 Oct 2005 15:48:17 -0700, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything in its grounded
horizontal configuration.

BB

You're using your imax flatside?

guitfiddlejunki October 28th 05 08:49 AM

my imax is laying in the garage corner to corner - no skip rolling in!

I didn't see your previous posts sooner or I would have replied as I
had the same situation a few years back with a condo association. No
antennas of any kind. It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I was
able to erect a concrete in a bucket setup with a hidden ground rod in the
back hedge that remained attached to the base of a metal piece of mast that
put the base of the antenna just over the roofline. I just leaned it up
against the house at night and left the bottom section attached to the pole
and made sure to lay it down in daylight. It's Crude but it works. The
antenna I used was the old A99 as it was a LOT easier to handle than a
I2000.
I have heard of people using these antennas horizontally, yet I could
never get a decent SWR match in an attic location. Please let us know if you
try this and succeed.
That old setup worked well for about a year. The drawback is backyard
stealth commando radio which sucks.
Good Luck!

"Chad Wahls" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

The Magnum October 30th 05 12:10 AM

"jim" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
Buther Boy wrote:

On 26 Oct 2005 15:48:17 -0700, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything in its grounded
horizontal configuration.

BB

You're using your imax flatside?

well????????????

So what hes saying is hes got his antenna lying down in his garage and he
wonders why its not getting out too well??????? hmmmm

Buther Boy October 30th 05 12:11 AM

On 27 Oct 2005 21:02:20 GMT, Steveo wrote:

Buther Boy wrote:
On 26 Oct 2005 15:48:17 -0700, "Chad Wahls" wrote:

Bummer.... I feel for you. It's a great antenna. Where in the Midwest?

I can't seem to get the antenna to do anything in its grounded
horizontal configuration.

BB

You're using your imax flatside?

it's laying flat side from corner to corner, in my garage. i just
disconnected it yesterday in hopes of getting a dipole, when i'm
officially told i cannot erect the antenna in my patio area.

buther boy