RadioBanter

-   -   Home Built inverted V ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/82044-home-built-inverted-v.html)

The Webbers / Hilltop Cycle November 16th 05 12:49 AM

Home Built inverted V ?

I am new to building my own antennas. Can anyone lead me in the right
direction into building an inverted V ? Any pics would be greatly
appreciated . I have ran a big stick before, how will a homebrew inverted V
compare ?
Thanks,
Raz

Homer November 16th 05 12:36 PM

Home Built inverted V ?

I tried something that I have never seen before, at least here in
NovaScotia. Take a 2 section type big stick and put two top whips on
it at 90 degrees from each other. Made an extremely low SWR over 26 to
28 MHZ. I used a metal bracket to hold the whips on.
It will look like an inverted V but with a big stick bottom section.

Inverted Vs made of wire is what the CBers use around here in
apartments.
They thumb-tack them to the wall.

Homer

The Webbers / Hilltop Cycle November 16th 05 11:20 PM

Home Built inverted V ?

"Homer" wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried something that I have never seen before, at least here in
NovaScotia. Take a 2 section type big stick and put two top whips on
it at 90 degrees from each other. Made an extremely low SWR over 26 to
28 MHZ. I used a metal bracket to hold the whips on.
It will look like an inverted V but with a big stick bottom section.

Inverted Vs made of wire is what the CBers use around here in
apartments.
They thumb-tack them to the wall.

Homer

Homer,
Could you happen to get a pic of one tacked to the wall ? How long do the
"Legs" have to be to run around 27.425 ?
Thanks,
Raz

Vinnie S. November 16th 05 11:54 PM

Home Built inverted V ?

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:49:25 -0600, "The Webbers / Hilltop Cycle"
wrote:

I am new to building my own antennas. Can anyone lead me in the right
direction into building an inverted V ? Any pics would be greatly
appreciated . I have ran a big stick before, how will a homebrew inverted V
compare ?
Thanks,
Raz

http://www.scanshack.com/antcal.htm#dipole

Vinnie S.

Homer November 17th 05 12:12 PM

Home Built inverted V ?

Sorry that was 10 years ago the persons have moved on. I would say to
start at 9 feet each and cut both down using a good SWR meter and a
cheap CB radio until you get the SWR low. Remember at 90 degrees from
each other. The thinner the wire the shorter it will be.

Greg