RadioBanter

-   -   Field strength ant. (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/86988-field-strength-ant.html)

DrDeath January 23rd 06 01:56 AM

Field strength ant.

I have a couple of field strength meters that have missing and or broken
antennas. Are there specific lengths they are supposed to be? Does thickness
count. One of them is a Royce model 2-100 the other is an American
Electronics 95-135. I know they are cheapies but I like old equipment.

Big Rich Soprano January 23rd 06 11:02 AM

Field strength ant.

I have a couple of field strength meters that have missing and or broken
antennas. Are there specific lengths they are supposed to be? Does thickness
count. One of them is a Royce model 2-100 the other is an American
Electronics 95-135. I know they are cheapies but I like old equipment.

I've built FS Meters using anything from copper welding rod to one
nice one with a rubber duck antenna. I liked the simple copper rod the
best. The rubber duck worked as well, it just looked better...

Frank Gilliland January 24th 06 04:31 AM

Field strength ant.

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:56:20 -0600, "DrDeath"
wrote in
:

I have a couple of field strength meters that have missing and or broken
antennas. Are there specific lengths they are supposed to be?

Long enough to get the meter to move, but not so long that it hits the
power lines.

Does thickness
count.

Only if she says, "Is it in yet?"

Try a telescoping antenna from a TV or cheapie CB walkie-talkie.