RadioBanter

-   -   Radio frequenties of farm radio's in South Alberta Canada ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/93848-radio-frequenties-farm-radios-south-alberta-canada.html)

prairie farm May 2nd 06 04:57 PM

Radio frequenties of farm radio's in South Alberta Canada ?

Title says it all, got scanner, need numbers.
Any hints/websites?
Thanks
Richard

Dr.Death May 2nd 06 09:12 PM

"prairie farm" wrote in message
Title says it all, got scanner, need numbers.
Any hints/websites?
Thanks
Richard

Do farmers in Canada have their own frequencies??? Go to a truckstop and see
if you can find a Betty Bearcat manual. If it's still in print, it gives the
most commonly used frequencies for any given area. Not sure it has Canada
listings though, as it's been years since I've seen one. Or you can do what
I did, call around on the radio and the phone. Don't expect the police to
give you any info on their freq's, even though it's public knowledge, they
tend to be a little defensive when asked.

Steveo May 2nd 06 09:16 PM

"prairie farm" wrote:
Title says it all, got scanner, need numbers.
Any hints/websites?
Thanks
Richard

Try rec.radio.scanner

prairie farm May 2nd 06 09:51 PM

"Dr.Death" wrote in message
"prairie farm" wrote in message
Title says it all, got scanner, need numbers.
Any hints/websites?
Thanks
Richard

Do farmers in Canada have their own frequencies??? Go to a truckstop and
see if you can find a Betty Bearcat manual. If it's still in print, it
gives the most commonly used frequencies for any given area. Not sure it
has Canada listings though, as it's been years since I've seen one. Or you
can do what I did, call around on the radio and the phone. Don't expect
the police to give you any info on their freq's, even though it's public
knowledge, they tend to be a little defensive when asked.

Yes they "lease" a frequency with some neighbours for safety reasons, big
fields, farms far apart. All I want is to listen to my neighbours so I know
when they need help and I don't have to stick by the phone all the time.
Helping filling the airdrill, driving fertilizer and seed, so I can stop
being in the right place at the wrong time :)
Trying to call/talk to a neighbour for the frequency is possible, but they
will have to look it up on their last bill, promise to do so, but I'm still
waiting :) I'll try Betty Bearcat manual when I'm in town (@ 35 miles)
Thanks for the help
Richard

prairie farm May 2nd 06 09:54 PM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"prairie farm" wrote:
Title says it all, got scanner, need numbers.
Any hints/websites?
Thanks
Richard

Try rec.radio.scanner

on my way there right now Thanks

Dr.Death May 2nd 06 10:06 PM

"Dr.Death" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, I see. I'm not sure Betty Bearcat will help in this instance, but you
never know.
35 miles? Wow, your farther in the sticks than I am :-)