RadioBanter

-   -   power transister (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/94457-power-transister.html)

m.j. harris May 14th 06 07:44 PM

power transister

Can anyone tell me what a 7627G power transister is rated at? made by
TRW PT9805. amp has 2 and is made by Digital Sports System. Switch on
back of amp allows selection of 20 to 30 MHz, 14 MHz and 7MHz. This is a
base amp and plugs in wall. power supply built in.

thanks, MJH

N6OTQ August 22nd 07 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.j. harris (Post 431489)
Can anyone tell me what a 7627G power transister is rated at? made by
TRW PT9805. amp has 2 and is made by Digital Sports System. Switch on
back of amp allows selection of 20 to 30 MHz, 14 MHz and 7MHz. This is a
base amp and plugs in wall. power supply built in.

thanks, MJH

The transistor is a PT9805 made by TRW. it's similar to an MRF455. The number 7627G is a date code -- year 1976, week 27. The G may be a power rating indicator, similar to how Motorola used to put color-coded dots on their transistors for matching purposes, or it may be a lot code.

N6OTQ