RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Any digital on VHF/UHF? (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/105978-any-digital-vhf-uhf.html)

Rod Maupin October 1st 06 03:29 AM

Any digital on VHF/UHF?

I'm new to digital and currently have my computer interfaced to my satellite
radio. I'm wondering if there is much digital on the regular 2m and 70cm
bands? If so, where should I look?

Bob Bob October 1st 06 05:56 AM

Any digital on VHF/UHF?

There are certainly some experimenters around...

I'd suspect though it will be an arranged thing rather than blind CQ'ing
like you hear on HF. The bandplan for digital work is also going to vary
from country to country as well. Some of the meteor scatter modes might
interest you too. (Like FSK441 etc)

Where are you?

Cheers Bob W5/VK2YQA

Rod Maupin October 1st 06 06:45 AM

Any digital on VHF/UHF?

I'm in Olympia, WA. I originally wanted to try and work some of the digital
satellites. However, I have also heard of meteor scatter and it sounds like
fun. Although, I thought that that was primarily on 6m which I don't have.

I may switch and interface my HF radio to the computer. Right now, digital
is new so I'm open to about anything.

Rod