RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   PSK-31 via satellite (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/106741-psk-31-via-satellite.html)

Goog October 10th 06 05:04 PM

PSK-31 via satellite

PCSAT-2 was supposed to have a PSK31 experiment: 10 meters (SSB XCVR)
up, and 70cm or 2m down, with the audio riding on FM. In theory, at
least, it could be operated full duplex from a really cheap station. I
think they terminated the experiment before I had a chance to check it
out.

Did anyone have any experience with this?

Apparently, the Midshipmen are planning another satellite with the same
mode (plus APRS) for launch in December.

Alan WA4SCA October 11th 06 12:36 AM

PSK-31 via satellite

I didn't work it myself, but it worked great for a couple of days. For
some reason, the 10 meter receiver became progressively more deaf over
the space of a week.

--
Alan
WA4SCA