RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   FLDIGI Soundcard Problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/141401-fldigi-soundcard-problem.html)

scott March 3rd 09 01:17 AM

FLDIGI Soundcard Problem

I'm trying to get my old Athlon based computer set up for FLDIGI. I
can't seem to get a signal through the soundcard. I know the cables
are ok. I can input the recieve audio to my laptop and the Vista
version will work ok. As soon as i plug into the old computer there is
nothing. I have the correct version for XP. I've cheched for multiple
..dll's and checked out the old Sound Blaster Live! Value card. Using
Windows XP SP3. Anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks... Scott
VE1AFN.

Howard K0ACF[_2_] March 3rd 09 06:59 AM

FLDIGI Soundcard Problem

Go into the sound setting & see if line in is muted or whatever input you
are using. Have found also when SB Live mixer has been installed the inputs
will default to off. Hope that helps...

scott March 3rd 09 03:35 PM

FLDIGI Soundcard Problem

Hi Howard. Thanks for the reply. All devices are enabled and not
muted. The microhone and speakers all work fine before and after
trying the program. If worse comes to worse I am going to nuke the HD
and reinstall Windows. It's an old Athlon 800mhz that I only keep
because it has comm and printer ports for devices that don't work so
well with USB/comm port adapters. Thanks again 73... Scott..

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:59:31 -0600, "Howard K0ACF"
wrote:

Go into the sound setting & see if line in is muted or whatever input you
are using. Have found also when SB Live mixer has been installed the inputs
will default to off. Hope that helps...
.. .