RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   pactor anyone ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8039-pactor-anyone.html)

Pär C August 18th 03 08:13 PM

pactor anyone ?

It's been a while since I had a decent qso on a digital
mode on hf. What I get is connect frames probably aimed
for the winlink system and pactor-2 stations of course.
I don't want to spend 699$ for a Pactor-2 system as they
are certainly fine modems but a huge overkill for my needs.
Even if I did spend all that cash I'd probably only
see the winlink system anyway so that's not an option.

So my question is: is there anyone trying pactor-1 or
perhaps gtor for anything besides automated message
handling and forwarding ?

73's de Per/sm0rwo