RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   Radio on MAC? (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8054-radio-mac.html)

Sheellah September 29th 03 02:19 AM

Radio on MAC?

Can any radio station be picked up using a computer, or does the station have
to actually stream the audio for use with RealAudio etc. I'm trying to access
an AM station. Thanks!

Dr. Anton Squeegee September 29th 03 06:16 AM

In article ,
says...

Can any radio station be picked up using a computer, or does the station have
to actually stream the audio for use with RealAudio etc. I'm trying to access
an AM station. Thanks!

question has the appropriate hardware (a receiver card, or similar
computer-driven radio) and software (drivers for said card or receiver)
installed. In short, you need to have a special radio receiver designed
to be installed in, or controlled by, a computer.

streaming its audio to the Internet, you need only use the appropriate
media player software installed on your system.

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)