Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 14th 03, 09:09 PM
Douglas Harrington

Default WINAPRS... Can I Use USB With It?

Hello...
I am looking to purchase a Dell Inspiron 1100 notebook PC within the
next day or two. I noticed that it does NOT have a serial port, but
does have USB 2.0 ports (along with 56 Kbps modem port and Ethernet
port). Im not sure how to configure WinAPRS (or if i can) to use a
USB port rather than look for a serial port. I would buy a serial --
USB adapter to connect my radio to it. I plan on buying the radio
next year, a TM-D700A mobile radio and using the internal TNC with
WinAPRS for mobile APRS operation. Will this work? Possible to use
USB 2.0 ports with WinAPRS? Any information greatly appreciated.

Douglas Harrington
Seekonk, MA, USA
ARS KB1JEC