RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   good aidio card (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8210-good-aidio-card.html)

Publius December 4th 03 01:22 AM

good aidio card

Hello

What is a good audio PCI card to carpture inline jack signals (radio) and
convert to MP3

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us never forget ..... Stores don't kill economies, consumers do

Mike Andrews December 4th 03 01:56 AM

Publius wrote:
Hello

What is a good audio PCI card to carpture inline jack signals (radio) and
convert to MP3

A Soundblaster card will capture the audio well eough for all but
studio-quality work, which amateur radio certainly isn't.

As for conversion to MP3, that involves a sound editor or similar
program, either to capture it as MP3 initially, or to convert it
from some other format (e.g., .wav) to .mp3.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin

Roger Conroy December 4th 03 06:58 AM

"Publius" wrote in message
Hello

What is a good audio PCI card to carpture inline jack signals (radio) and
convert to MP3

Just about ANY card is fine - even no card at all, as practically all
motherboards manufactured in the last few years have perfectly adequate
sound built right in. The only reason I can think of for buying an add on
sound card is if you are into SERIOUS hi-fi or use a pc to create music.

73
Roger ZR3RC