RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   KAM XL TNC locks my handheld PC (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8237-kam-xl-tnc-locks-my-handheld-pc.html)

Ken November 17th 03 10:03 PM

KAM XL TNC locks my handheld PC

I am trying to use a KAM XL with my MobilePro MP780 handheld PC
("HPC") running Microsoft Terminal under Windows CE 2.11. Both
devices are DCE and I am using a null modem cable.

The HPC freezes up as soon as I power up on the KAM XL and will not
unfreeze until I power the KAM XL down or disconnect the devices.

The same arrangement works OK with a KAM98.

Kantronics says both TNC's manage their RS-232 computer port the same
way. I know that this is incorrect because my breakout box shows
two different dances with the two different modems -- but nothing I
can interpret.

Anyone else encounter this lock-up situation and find a fix? Any
suggestions?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email