RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   packet on FRS or GMRS? (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8470-packet-frs-gmrs.html)

dave d April 23rd 04 12:18 AM

packet on FRS or GMRS?

This might be off topic for the group, but does anyone here know if
amateur-style packet can legally be used on FRS and/or GMRS? I am looking
to build a low-cost data system for family use (I never could get my kid
licensed) and possibly for a small business. Also, is encryption legal in
these bands? I know that encryption is not legal in the amateur bands, but
I also know that at least rudimentary encryption is used on some business
radios.

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Dave

Turing test: direct reply to no small round character used at end of a
sentence des &%$ sbcglobal point net