RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   PK232, DSP232, and F6FBB (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8491-pk232-dsp232-f6fbb.html)

jimo June 13th 04 06:41 AM

PK232, DSP232, and F6FBB

All,
I am very new to BBSs and am trying to get F6FBB up and running with a
DSP232 in Host Mode. While the FBB700g docs state the BBS supports
the PK232, how different/similar are the PK232 and DSP232?

Does anyone out there have FBB running with a DSP232 in host (or any)
mode?

If yes, I would like to e-discuss further on the specifics... DSP232
setup, config files, etc.

Thx, Jim KN6PE

Steve June 13th 04 09:49 AM

In article ,
(jimo) wrote:

All,
I am very new to BBSs and am trying to get F6FBB up and running with a
DSP232 in Host Mode. While the FBB700g docs state the BBS supports
the PK232, how different/similar are the PK232 and DSP232?

Does anyone out there have FBB running with a DSP232 in host (or any)
mode?

If yes, I would like to e-discuss further on the specifics... DSP232
setup, config files, etc.

Thx, Jim KN6PE

There is an F6FBB reflector running, though I don't know how much traffic
it carries these days, try sending 'SUBSCRIBE' to:
fbb-list ( at ) phx-az.com

Sorry I had to despambot that address, but better that than fill the list
with ads.

I've only ever run FBB through BPQ software, using TNCs in KISS mode, so
sorry I can't be any more help.

- Steve

jimo June 13th 04 07:42 PM

Steve,
Thx for the reply; I'll check out the reflector.

For your BPQ config, what TNC are you using? Have you had it working
with a KPC3 in KISS? That may be my next attempt if the DSP232 does
not work.

.... jim o

Steve June 13th 04 10:05 PM

In article ,
(jimo) wrote:

Steve,
Thx for the reply; I'll check out the reflector.

For your BPQ config, what TNC are you using? Have you had it working
with a KPC3 in KISS? That may be my next attempt if the DSP232 does
not work.

... jim o

That's pretty much what I was using, though I was on 5.14 and bpq 3.08
IIRC

Also had it working on a KAM using the same config.

- Steve

jimo June 14th 04 05:02 AM

Steve, Thx for the reply.

I'm running out of options for the DSP-232. The overall documentation
sucks for me (the "new-bee")... however, I'm sure someone out there
has the answer, and I just have not found their site yet.

I spent the better part of this past week checking all different
combinations... comm port, baud/word-len/parity, port.sys settings,
TNC-init sequences, etc. Bottom line, not there and its not
intuitive.

Sorry for sounding impatient with this stream... I'm trying to help
the Santa Clara County (CA) Dept of Health Services get a BBS up and
running for their packet Hospital Net. KPC-3s + KISS + BPQ are the
next target. Beyond that, if you (or anyone) has the equivalent of a
"BBS-in-a-box" (read: cook-book approach for getting a BBS up and
running with HW people have readily available), I'm listening.

Thx for your help and hanging in there with me.

jim o KN6PE

Steve June 14th 04 07:50 AM

In article ,
(jimo) wrote:

[...]