RadioBanter

-   Digital (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/)
-   -   aprs help wanted; mexico central and south america (https://www.radiobanter.com/digital/8706-aprs-help-wanted%3B-mexico-central-south-america.html)

David Auletta November 28th 04 11:18 PM

aprs help wanted; mexico central and south america

In a few weeks I'm going to drive from San Diego to Brazil along the
pacific coasts of Mexico, Central and South America then around
Santiago Chile driving across Argentina to Uruguay and up through the
south of Brazil. I was wondering if a APRS system reporting to nets or
a sattlites would be viable along this route? Are there maps or
internet sites where I could verify that? I never used packet or APRS
before.Thanks!
Dave KB2RVJ
San Diego, CA USA