had a shot at working them. :-/

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001

w9wi December 12th 06 08:02 AM

Lakshadweep?

wrote:
Who is having any success in working them from the
US, and how did you do it?

Managed to work them this morning (VU7LD/VU2NXM) on 20 CW, long path.
(heading 120deg from Nashville)

They were pretty weak but solid copy. Pileup wasn't too bad - and
surprisingly well-behaved. Didn't have any trouble finding the guys
they were working, which made it easy to slide just above the previous
QSO.

It's going to be a real challenge to work them anywhere else, unless
conditions improve a LOT!

Jeff Maass December 12th 06 04:08 PM

Lakshadweep?

wrote in message

Who is having any success in working them from the
US, and how did you do it?

So far I haven't even gotten an ear on them, much less
had a shot at working them. :-/

From central Ohio, I worked one on SSB then one on CW
within two minutes December 8, 1524Z and 1526Z)! Good,
clear confirmation on each QSO, and good copy on their full
callsigns.

Short path, 1300 watts to KT34XA tribander at 70 feet. I
listened until I found a station they were working, then called
on that frequency.

I've listened a bit since then, and have heard them often
by long path on 20 meters in the morning here.

73, Jeff K8ND