RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   This would never have happened ten years ago... (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/126525-would-never-have-happened-ten-years-ago.html)

Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] October 29th 07 05:03 AM

This would never have happened ten years ago...

Saturday afternoon, checked the mail & found my copy of CQ Magazine, with
the article about ham radio in China.

And ironically, tucked inside...

a PSE QSL card *from* China. BG1QUI, to be specific, for a QSO just a
week earlier. (I remember when it took longer than that to get a QSL from
*Chicago*, let alone Beijing...)

China is a tough path from here. I still get excited about working the
country period, let alone having someone there answer my CQ, (this QSO was
the first time I've ever had a Chinese station answer a CQ) let alone have
*them* ask *me* for a QSL.

Just when you think you had DX figured out, it finds a way to surprise you.