RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #879 (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/137573-ohio-penn-dx-bulletin-879-a.html)

Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW) October 12th 08 11:30 PM

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #879

SB DX @ WW KB8NW $OPDX.879
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin No. 879

The Ohio/Penn DX PacketCluster
DX Bulletin No. 879
BID: $OPDX.879
October 13, 2008
Editor Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW
Provided by BARF80.ORG (Cleveland, Ohio)

Thanks to the Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society, Northern Ohio DX
Association, Ohio/Penn PacketCluster Network, AB5K & the AR TelNet
Clusters Network, ARRL DX Bulletin, K1XN & GoList, NJ1Q, K2FF, NG3K,
N4AA & QRZ DX, K5XK, AC7DX, K7BV, AH8LG, K8YSE, N0HJZ, N0MM/4, W0GJ,
DX-IS News Site, Pete's-DX-Newsdesk, Space Weather News, A35RK, DK8JB,
DL7MAE & The DX News Letter, F5NQL & UFT, F5PFP, HR2DX, I1JQJ/IK1ADH
& 425 DX News, IK0EFR, JA1ELY, JI6KVR & IOTA-JA News, JK1KSB, OE1WHC,
OH4MDY, RSGB IOTA Web Site, TA1HZ, VA3RJ & ICPO, VU2MY, VU2RBI and
YL2VW for the following DX information.

DXCC COUNTRY/ENTITY REPORT: According to the AR-Cluster Network for the
week of Sunday, 5th/October, through Sunday, 12th/October there were 223
countries active. Countries available: 3A, 3B8, 3D2, 3DA, 3V, 3W, 4J, 4L,
4O, 4S, 4X, 5B, 5H, 5N, 5R, 5T, 5U, 5W, 5X, 5Z, 6W, 6Y, 7Q, 7X, 8P, 8R,
9A, 9H, 9J, 9K, 9L, 9M2, 9M6, 9Q, 9V, 9Y, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A9, AP,
BV, BY, C3, C6, CE, CE9, CM, CN, CP, CT, CT3, CU, CX, D2, D6, DL, DU,
E5/s, E7, EA, EA6, EA8, EA9, EI, EK, EL, EP, ER, ES, ET, EU, EX, EY, EZ,
F, FG, FJ, FK, FM, FO, FO/M, FR, FW, G, GD, GI, GJ, GM, GU, GW, H4, HA,
HB, HB0, HC, HI, HK, HL, HP, HR, HS, HZ, I, IS, J2, J3, J6, J8, JA, JD/o,
JT, JW, JX, JY, K, KG4, KH0, KH2, KH6, KH8, KL, KP2, KP4, LA, LU, LX, LY,
LZ, OA, OD, OE, OH, OH0, OK, OM, ON, OX, OY, OZ, P2, P4, PA, PJ2, PY, PZ,
S5, S7, SM, SP, ST, SU, SV, SV5, SV9, T30, T7, T8, T9, TA, TF, TG, TI,
TK, TL, TN, TR, TT, TU, TY, UA, UA2, UA9, UK, UN, UR, V2, V3, V5, V7,
V8, VE, VK, VK9C, VK9N, VK9W, VP2E, VP2V, VP5, VP6, VP8, VP8/h, VP8/o,
VP9, VR, VU, XE, XT, XU, XW, YB, YI, YK, YL, YN, YO, YS, YU, YV, Z2, Z3,
ZA, ZB, ZC4, ZD7, ZF, ZK2, ZL, ZP, ZS

* PLEASE NOTE: The report "could" contain "Pirate/SLIM" operations or
more likely a "BUSTED CALLSIGN". As always, you never know - "Work
First Worry Later" (WFWL).

3V, TUNISIA (JOTA). Members of the Tunisian Scout Amateur Association
(CAST) will be on the air during the Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) between
October 17-19th. Look for the following stations to be on the air: 3V8SM
(Djerba Island - AF-083), 3V8CB, 3V8SQ (Monastir) and 3V8ST (Tunis). QSL
via the bureau; for direct, please no currency.

4L, GEORGIA. Gia, 4L4WW, will be active as 4L0A during the CQWW DX SSB
Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power entry. QSL
via EA7FTR.

5J0, SAN ANDRES ISLANDS (NA-033). Dennis, K7BV, will once again return
to San Andres and be active as 5J0M between June 19th and July 5th, 2009.
He will again be concentrating on 6 meter Sporadic Es. HF bands will be
activated as well. QSL direct to W1JJ via the QRZ.com address. For more
details and update, visit the following Web page at:
http://www.qth.com/k7bv/caribe2009

5Z, KENYA. Valery, 5Z4/RW1AU, reports that a keyer has arrived from his
friends in the U.S., so he is now active on CW from the 5Z4RS Club Station
in Nairobi. Until now, Val has been 100% SSB. Val is as active as possible
during his work assignment in Kenya; usually at night and on weekends.
Over the past weekend, Valery was spotted on CW using the 40/20/17/15/10
meters. There were also a few spots on 15 and 10 meters SSB. QSL via K5XK,
per info on QRZ.com for RW1AU and K5XK.

8P, BARBADOS. Tom, W2SC, will be active as 8P5A during the CQWW DX SSB
Contest (October 25-26th) as Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power entry. QSL
via NN1N.

8Q, MALDIVES. "Oku" Seiji, JK1KSB, will be active as 8Q7SO from Mirihi
Island (AS-013), a south Ari Atoll (LOC:MJ63jo), between October 26th
and November 1st. Activity will be holiday style on 80-10 meters using
CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. QSL via JK1KSB, by the bureau or the address
on QRZ.com.

9K, KUWAIT. Operators Hamad/9K2HN, Faisal/9K2RR, Yaser/9K2YM and Andrzej/
SP4R will be active as 9K2HN during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
25-26th) as a Multi-Single entry. QSL via info on QRZ.com.

9L, SIERRA LEONE. An Italian team of operators is now active as 9L1X
from Sherbro Island (AF-056) until October 23rd. Operators a Silvano/
I2YSB (9L1M), Vinicio/IK2CIO (9L1X), Angelo/IK2CKR (9L1A), Marcello/IK2DIA
(9L1K) and Stefano/IK2HKT (9L1E). QSL via I2YSB, direct only. For updates
on the DXpedition, visit: http://www.i2ysb.com

AH0, MARIANA ISLANDS. Operators Kuniyoshi/7L1FPU (W1FPU) and Hajime/AH0BR
will be active as AH0BT during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th)
as a Multi-Single entry. QSL via 7L1FPU.

AH0, MARIANA ISLANDS. Operators Kuniyoshi/7L1FPU (W1FPU), Masashi/7L1FFH
(KH0TL) and Hajime/AH0BR will be active as AH0BT between November 8-9th.
They plan to be active in Japan's International DX Phone Contest as
a Multi-Single entry. QSL via 7L1FPU.

AH8, AMERICAN SAMOA. Ulrich, DL2AH, was active this past weekend as
AH8/DL2AH on 40/20/17 meters. He is on Ofu Island (Oc-077). Length of
stay is currently not known. ADDED NOTE: Surprise operation by former
QRZ-DX editor Bob Winn, W5KNE, who was active as W5KNE/NH8 for a one day
operation on October 9th. Bob is currently on a cruise with his XYL in
the Pacific.

AO8, CANARY ISLANDS (AF-004). Operators Pekka/OH1RY/EA8AH, Juan/EA8CAC,
Manuel/EA8ZS, Toivo/ES2RR, Rein/ES5RW, Kari/OH1HD, Kari/OH5XT and
Juha/OH9MM will be active as AO8A during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
25-26th) as a Multi-2 entry. QSL via OH1RY.

B7, CHINA. Operators BA7JC, BA7IN, BA7IA, BA7JA, BD7IXG, BD7MFB, BG7PMS
and BD7JSQ will be active as B7P during CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
25-26th) as a Multi-Single entry. Activity will be on 160-10 meters.
QSL via BD7IXG.

BX5, TAIWAN. Jimmy, BX5AA, will be active during the CQ World Wide DX
SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power entry.
Jimmy states that BX5 is a rare prefix for Taiwan (CQ 24). QSL via
BX5AA.

C5, THE GAMBIA. Just a reminder that Andre, ON7YK, will once again be
active as C56YK this week between October 13th and November 9th. Activity
will be on 80-10 meters, perhaps also 160m, using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31.
He will only have 100 watts and will use a Spiderbeam for 20/17/15/12/10m
and a dipole for 80/40/30 meters. This will be a holiday style operation.
For more details and updates, visit the Web site at: http://www.on7yk.net

C5, THE GAMBIA. Also active this week from C5-land are members of the
Spanish "DX4DX TEAM" who will possibly be signing as C56EA between October
14-24th. Operators mentioned a Paco/EA4BT (Team Leader), Ramon/EA4NA,
Emilio/EA7AAW, Julio/EA7JB, Salvador/EA7SB and Jose/EA7LS. Activity will
be on the HF bands and 6 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY modes. For more
details and updates, visit their Web page at: http://www.dx4dx.com

CE9, ANTARCTICA. Jose, CE1KF, announced that he will be with a team of
operators from Valparaiso's CE2AA Radio Club to activate "Base Naval
Arturo Prat" in the Antarctic next year in January 2009. They plan to
work all bands on CW, RTTY and SSB. More information is forthcoming in
the coming months.

CE0Y, EASTER ISLAND. Nakamishi, JJ2NYT, will be active as CE0Y/JJ2NYT
between October 16-19th. Activity will be on 40/20/17/15 meters, and
possibly 80m, using CW, SSB and RTTY. QSL via his home callsign.

CN98, MOROCCO (Special Callsign/Event). Andre, HB9HLM/CN2DX, will be
using the special callsign CN89NY during his stay between December 21st
and January 3rd (2009). He states that the special callsign was issued
to celebrate the end of the year 2008 ("8"), the beginning of the year
2009 ("9") and the New Year ("NY"). QSL via EA7FTR. Andre will be active
from a beach house along with CN8PA and CN2CV/HB9CVC. They will operate
2 stations at the same time using an IC-7000 and TS680 with a AL811hcxe
PA into a windom antenna for 160-10 meters with an extension running
east-to-west for 30 and 15m, and another G5RV (40-10m) running north-to-
south. Some other CN operators will be involved with this callsign from
other locations, but details are not completely finalized and will be
forthcoming. This special callsign will be active until January 31st
(2009). For more details and updates, watch Andre's blog at:
http://cn2dx.hb9eme.ch/cn2dx-blog/?p=115

CW5, URUGUAY. Jorge, CX6VM, will be active as CW5W during the CQWW DX
SSB Contest (October 25-26th -- as a Single-Op/Single-Band [?]) and
CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th -- as a Multi-Single). QSL both
operations via CX6VM.

DL, GERMANY. Rich, N0HJZ, will be active as DL/N0HJZ from the QTH of
Tom, DL2OBO, between October 22-28th. He plans on putting a full time
effort in the CQWW DX Phone Contest (October 25-26th) as well. Rich
states, "I hope to work everyone that I've worked from my other stops
on my world tour!" QSL direct to his home callsign or by the LoTW.

FO, FRENCH POLYNESIA. Hiroyuki, JI1JKW, will be active as FO/JI1JKW from
Manihi Atoll (OC-131), French Polynesia, between October 12-16th. Activity
will be on 40-6 meters, but mostly 20m, using CW and SSB. QSL via JI1JKW,
direct or by the Bureau.

HC5 & HC8, ECUADOR AND GALAPAGOS ISLAND. Operators Nobuo/JA6GCE, Shinichi/
JA6SOV and Naomi/JM6EBU (YL) will operate from Ecuador between October
24th and November 2nd. Hiro/HC5WW and the above three JAs will participate
in the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Multi-Op/Single-TX/High-
Power entry. Their contest callsign will be HD5J. Outside of the contest
they will operate as homecall/HC5 on 160-10 meters using CW, SSB and RTTY.
After the contest they will travel to Galapagos Island, and they hope to
operate from there as homecall/HC8 until November 1st. However, their
operations will be limited because of sightseeing. QSL information is
as follows:
HD5J via JA6GCE
JA6GCE/HC5, JA6SOV/HC5, JM6EBU/HC5 via their home callsigns:
JA6GCE Nobuo Matsuoka, 7-10-3 Toroku, Kumamoto, 862-0970 JAPAN
JA6SOV Shinichi Morita; 4-2 Moai-machi, Yatsushiro, 869-5153 JAPAN
JM6EBU Naomi Mihara, 598-1 Miyahara, Hikawa, 869-4602 JAPAN
HC5WW and HC5WW/HC8 via JA6VU: Masaaki Kano, 712 Kagami, Kagami-machi,
Yatsushiro, 869-4203 JAPAN

HI, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. Ted, HI3TEJ, will be active as HI3T during the
CQ WW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/Low-Power
entry. His rigs are a FT-2000 and FT-950 into a 4 element SteppIr, 40m
dipole, 160/80 vertical and a EWE on the low bands. QSL all operations
via ON4IQ.

HQ2, HONDURAS. Operators Dan/HR2DMR, Pete/HR2PAC and Tony/HR2DX will be
active as HQ2W during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a
Multi-2 entry. QSL via HR2DMR.

IOTA NEWS..............................
AF-019. Tony, IK1QBT, will be active as IG9X from Lampedusa Island
during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th) as a Single-
Op/Single-Band (80m) entry. Look for him to be active before
the contest as IG9/homecall. QSL both callsigns via IK1QBT.

EU-124. An eleven man team will be on the air as GB4HI from Holy
Island, Wales, between October 24-31st. Activity will be on
all bands and modes, and they will try to activate some
lighthouses. Operators mentioned a MW0DOL, MI0TMW, MM0DHQ,
G8LGC, 2E0NNH, M0RGB, SP3CW and possibly others.

EU-169. Last week we mentioned that a group of Italians would be active
from Albania as ZA0/homecall between October 23-29th. We learned
this past week that they plan to be active from Sazan Island.
Activity will be on all HF bands including 30/17/12 meters,
using CW, SSB, RTTY, PSK13 and meteor scatter. Operators are
Alfredo/IK7JWX, Nicola/I0SNY, Pino/I8YGZ, Leopoldo/I8LWL and
Oscar/IK2AQZ. QSL via their home callsigns. QSL Manager is
IK7JWX, but "only for DL stations". Other reference numbers
are ARLHS ALB-004 and WLOTA LH-0028.

J49, CRETE (Update). An Italian team will be active as J49I from here
between November 26th and December 1st. Look for activity before and
during the CQWW DX CW Contest (November 29-30th) on 160-10 meters, mainly
CW. Operators mentioned a Franck/I0UZF, Andy/IK0EFR, Franck/IK0YUT,
Luigi/IK0YUT and Iari/IZ0FWD. QSL Manager is IK0EFR.

JD1, MINAMI TORISHIMA. The ARRL DX Bulletin reports that Masa, JA6GXK,
will once again be active as JD1BMM between October 16th and November
6th. He will be on a work assignment, so activity will be limited to
his spare time. Look for him on 160-6 meters. QSL via his home callsign.

K5, UNITED STATES (IOTA, USI and LH Op). Approximately 15 members of the
Magnolia DX Association, Inc., will activate East Ship Island, Mississippi,
during the period October 16-19th. The callsign K5S will be used during
the entire 4-day period, plus the callsign K5Z will be added during the
last 2 days as an entry in the W/VE US Islands QSO Party. East Ship Island
qualifies for IOTA NA-082, US Islands MS009, and Lighthouse USA-756.
Please visit the following official Web site to learn all about this
exciting event at: http://www.k5s-na082.com
They look forward to putting your callsign in the log on all available
bands/modes... 80-10 meters, CW, SSB, and RTTY!

KH2, GUAM (OC-026). Joel, KG6DX, will be active as KG6DX in the CQ World
Wide DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power
entry. QSL via KG6DX, CBA or QRZ.com address. Also LoTW.

KH2, GUAM (OC-026). Operators JA1OZK, JA1CGC, JF1TAB, JH1FUD, JL1LOW,
JK1DRM and 7N1AZY will be active from November 8-12th. Activity will be
on all HF bands including 30/17/12m using CW, SSB and the Digital modes.
JA1OZK will be signing as K6Y (1x1 callsign). Other operators will
possibly be using their own callsigns (probably portable KH2). QSL via
operator's home callsign, by the bureau or direct to their callbook
addresses.

KP5, DESECHEO ISLAND (Update). A Web site still under construction is
now available online at: http://www.kp5.us

LX, LUXEMBOURG. Philippe, LX2A, will be active as LX7I during the CQWW DX
SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band/High-Power entry.
QSL is OK via LX2A, by the Bureau, direct and LoTW (no EQSL). His Web
page is: http://www.lx2a.com

NEW SUNSPOT REPORTED. Space Weather News (http://spaceweather.com) reports
on October 11th: "A 'new-cycle' sunspot belonging to Solar Cycle 24 is
emerging near the sun's northeastern limb. This is the third time in as
many weeks that a new-cycle sunspot has interrupted the year's remarkable
run of blank suns. The accelerating pace of new-cycle sunspot production
is an encouraging sign that, while solar activity remains very low, the
sunspot cycle is unfolding more or less normally. We are not stuck in a
permanent solar minimum. Readers with solar telescopes should train them
on the sun this weekend to observe sunspot genesis in action."

ON50, BELGIUM (Special Event). Look for members of Belgium's UBA Waasland
section (WLD) to be active using special callsign ON50WAASLAND to celebrate
their club's 50th anniversary through the end of the year. Activity this
past week has been on 30/20/6 meters. Modes have been RTTY and CW. A
QSO counts for 10 points towards the "WLD Award". Make two QSOs on two
different bands or two different modes with ON50WAASLAND, and you can
apply for the "WLD Award". Rules and information can be found on the
following Web page at: http://www.wld.uba.be/
This beautiful multi-colored A4 format award contains all the armorial
bearings off the different regional communities. QSL via ON6WL, by the
UBA Bureau.

P3, CYPRUS. Operators Sandy/RW4WR, Dmitry/RX3DCX, Andrei/RA6LBS, Alex/
RW3RN, Harry/RA3AUU, Alex/5B8AD and 5B4AIA will be active as P33W during
the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Multi-Single entry. QSL
via RA3AUU. This is a DXpedition style operation from a portable QTH.

P4, ARUBA. John, KK9A, will be active as P40A during the CQWW DX SSB
Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band entry. QSL via WD9DZV.

QSL INFO AND NEWS.....................
QSL ROUTES by Johannes, DK8JB:
VU2UPQ direct
YC6EN direct
YO600BC via YO8AXP
ZS1AFS direct; G0CAJ (bureau)

Paul, A35RK, reports to OPDX that he has mailed his September log to
Bob, W7TSQ, and posted his QSOs to the LoTW on October 5th. He also
mentions that Bob has already a "pile" of cards ready to go in the mail.
Paul states, "My October log will be posted around the 21st. After
that, there will not be any new log submissions until January 1st,
including the KH8/KK6H operation in December."

An online log is now available for CN2IPA per Gab, HA3JB (SU8BHI).
He states that he has a new Web site with a log search (thanks to
Sven, DL5AZA) at: http://ha3jb.p8.hu
If you have a question, please write to:

DU9/N0MM PIRATE. Mike, N0MM/4, wants to inform as many as possible of
a PIRATE, using his callsign with the prefix DU9/N0MM. Mike states,
"This illegal operator appears to be active at present, and has been
operating using my callsign DU9/N0MM for approximately 3 years now!
(based upon received QSL cards to date [Oct. 2008]). The QSOs seem to
be all on CW(?), on the 80-40-20 and 17M bands! My permanent QTH is
now and has been constantly for the past 5 (five) years, here in
Florida/4 USA. I have never operated in or from DU9 land, so please
for your own peace of mind (and mine), and to avoid disappointment -
'DO NOT QSO THIS OPERATOR!' And please do not send me your QSL cards
and GREEN STAMPS!"

KL7DX QSL STATUS. QSL Manager Ron, AC7DX, reports that the KL7DX
(NA-234) QSL cards have arrived from the printer and are being processed
now. Cards will go out "first come" basis. Ron states, "I will try to
get all direct cards received out ASAP. This is a colorfull folding
card."

QSLS VIA LOTW: 4D75J, 4U1UN, 5K3T, A35RK, CT1ILT, CU2JT, DV1JM, E51YAQ,
F6HKA, G3TXF, GI5K, HI3T, HC8N, HK3TU, IK4MGP, J39BS, KG4SS, KG6DX,
LX7I, LY2IJ, ON4AEK, P49X, RL6YXX, RZ0AF, S59ABC, S50R, YL4HQ, YV4A,
ZF2DF, ZK1DI and ZY100S

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 3DA0JK, 3DA0VB, 5H3VMB, 5W0HH, 5X1VB, 5Z4/UA4WHX,
7Q7VB, 7X0RY, 8P9/AC4LN, 9H3F, 9X0VB, A43HI, A43MI, A45WD, C91R, C91VB,
E7HQ, FW1W, HI8/AC4LN, HQ8R, J20VB, K7A, KP2AD, OX3MC, TO5E, V51AS,
VE8RCS/VY0 and Z2/UA4WHX

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: None reported this week!

STRANGE RADIO EVENT. Just a reminder that the Strange Radio Event is
next weekend between 0600z, October 17th and 2200z October 19th. To obtain
an impressive "Strange Radio Event Certificate", you need to contact 5
different S.R.T. special callsigns (Mode: SSB only). For complete details
on the event and the SRT, please visit the official Web site of the Strange
Radio Team at:
http://www.strangeradioteam.com
Some of the stations to look for a
7S0SRT via SM0IMJ YU05SRT via YT3W II5SRT via IZ5BTC
DZ1SRT via DU1IVT II0SRT via IS0LFZ IO5SRT via IK5ZTT
EG3SRT via EA3GHZ IU0SRE via I0YKN IR6SRT via IZ6GSQ
GB0SRT via M0KCM IR1SRT via IZ1GJK IU7SRE via IZ7CRW
PD05SRT via PD5CW II2SRT via I2JJR II8SRE via IZ8GNH
W1SRT via W3IZ IR3SRT via I5JKI IU8SRE via IK8WEJ
V55SRT via IZ8EDJ IU3SRT via IZ3DBA IQ8OM via IZ8EDJ

T2, TUVALU. Remember to look for Anci, JA2ZL, to be active from here
this week. Anci and his XYL are visiting Tuvalu (OC-015) for a family
vacation between October 14-21st. Activity will be on 80-12(10) meters
using CW, SSB, RTTY and SSTV. He will use a small (500w) amplifier, loop
antennas and vertical antennas. Callsign will be issued after entering
the country. QSL via JA2ZL, by the JARL bureau or direct to: Anci Yamada,
17-8-2 Takiro-cho, Tazimi, 507-0813 Japan. No e-QSL.

T6, AFGHANISTAN. Frank, PA2MRX, will be active as T6/PA2MRX between
October 17th and November 2nd. Activity will be limited to every day
between 1900-2200 (T6 local time), weekends, also other times when
time and work permits. Operations will be on 20 meters/QRP using PSK31,
RTTY or CW (via computer). QSL via PA2MRX. Visit his Web page at:
http://members.home.nl/mmarx/PA2MRX/PA2MRX.htm

T31, CENTRAL KIRIBATI. After his T33ZZ operation (see T33 below) Toshi,
JA8BMK, is planning to be active as T31DX from here between November
20-30t. Activity, modes and the equipment will be the same as his T33
operation. Toshi indicates that days may vary because of ship trans-
portation to the island. QSL via JA8BMK, direct.

T33, BANABA ISLAND. By the time you read this, Toshi, JA8BMK, should be
active as T33ZZ through October 23rd. Toshi operates on CW, SSB, RTTY,
PSK31 and SSTV. He will concentrate on EU and USA openings on the lower
bands and the 30/17/12 meter bands. He will use a FT-897D (w/HL-1.2Kfx)
into a vertical, a yagi and an Inverted V antennas. QSL via JA8BMK, direct.

TC4, TURKEY. Pertti, OH2PM, will activate the TC4X during the CQWW DX SSB
Contest (October 25-26th). Operating category was not provided. QSL via
OH2BH.

TC85, TURKEY (Special Event). Members of the Turkish group called TCSWAT
(Special Wireless Activity Team) will activate the special station TC85TC
to celebrate the 85th anniversary of the Republic of Turkey. The activity
will be between October 23rd and December 2nd. The first 85 direct QSLs
will be replied to with a special Turkish Post Office stamp together with
a CD about Turkey. Activity will be mainly on 17, 20 and 40 meter bands.
QSL Manager is TA1HZ.

TO5, ST. BARTHELEMY (Update). It was announced this past week that the
stateside team is ready for their 10 day operation from St. Barths, and
they will be active as TO5DX from October 16-28th. Their activities will
include the CQ WW DX SSB Contest (October 27-28th) as a Multi-Single
entry. Operators mentioned a Team leaders Janet/W8CAA & Joe/W8GEX,
Dave/K4SV, Phil/W9IXX, Jim/K0RH and Joe/AA4NN. They plan to be on CW,
SSB, SSTV, PSK and RTTY before the contest. They will try to post the
logs daily on the following Web site (if they have InterNet access) at:
http://www.to5dx.com
The crew will be looking hard at the Pacific for VK, ZL and JA stations.
QSL Manager is AA4NN. SASE please to: Joe Blackwell, 6391 Baker LN,
Lake Wylie, SC 29710 USA. Watch the Web site for updates. The team would
like to thank W5BXX, W4NL, N8AA and IDXF for their support, and to Gerard,
F2JD, for his help with the license. Donations may be sent to W8GEX.

TO8, MARTINIQUE. John, VE3TG, will guest Op from Laurent's, FM5BH, QTH
and be active as TO8Z during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th)
as a Single-Op/All-Band/Highh-Power entry.

VK9D, WILLIS ISLAND (OC-007). Operators Markus/DJ7EO, Heye/DJ9RR, Chris/
DL1MGB, Dietmar/DL3DXX, Tom/DL5LYM, Ben/DL6FBL, Dieter/DL8OH, Robert/SP5XVY
and Joerg/DL8WPX are now active as VK9DWX until October 27th. Four stations
should be on the air with amps on 160-6 meters using CW/SSB/RTTY. The
team so far has been very active on all bands except 6 meters. As this
bulletin was being typed, the team has made 13,406 QSOs at 0533z, October
12th. QSL via DJ2MX. There are some updated pictures available on their
Web page. For more information and updates, visit their Web page at:
http://www.vk9dwx.de

VP2, ANGUILLA. Operators Ray/KC5EA and Gordon/N5AU will be active as
VP2EC during the CQWW DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Multi-2
entry. They will be active on all bands except 20m for the multiplier.
QSL via N5AU.

VU4, ANDAMAN & NICOBAR ISLANDS/VU7, LAKSHADWEEP ISLANDS (Update).....
If you missed OPDX.878.2, permission has been given to activate this
once very very rare islands again by the Indian Government. Both VU4 and
VU7 used to be ranked in the "Top Ten Most Wanted" by "The DX Magazine",
but now rank 38th and 64th, respectively. Press releases by Mr. S. Suri,
VU2MY, Chairman of the NIAR, and Bharathi, VU2RBI, states that a team of
seven Indian operators will activate the callsign VU4MY from "Circuit
House Haddo" in Port Blair, Andaman Island, between October 24th and
November 3rd. Also, a German team of two operators (Helmut/DL5DSM and
Norbert/DJ7JC) will activate the callsign VU4RG during the same time
from Hotel Sinclair in Port Blair.
ADDED NOTE: Look for VU4RG in the upcoming CQWW DX SSB Contest (October
25-26th). More details are available in OPDX.878.2.
Also, in a press release from Bharathi, VU2RBI, look for four Indian
nationals and German operators Franz/DL9GFB, Jan/DJ8NK and Juergen/DF7TT
to be active as VU7SJ from a "Beach Resort" on Agatti Island (AS-011),
Lakshadweeps, between October 24th and November 3rd. QSL via DL9GFB. Also,
operating during the same time, Indian nationals Madhu/VU2UWZ and Nisha/
VU2NIS will be signing VU7NRO from "Hotel Keerthi" on Kadamat Island
(AS-011), Lakshadweeps. QSL via VU2UWZ.
ADDED NOTES: All operations have permission to operate on 3790-3800 kHz
and 10100-10159 kHz. All of this activity is part of the Silver Jubilee
celebrations by the National Institute of Amateur Radio (NIAR).

XU, CAMBODIA. Retu, OH4MDY, will once again be active as XU7MDY from
Sihanoukville between October 23rd and November 8th. Activity will be
on the HF bands using CW, SSB, RTTY and PSK31. Suggested CW frequencies
a 1822, 3502, 7006, 10104, 14007, 21007, 24897 and 28020 kHz. Also,
look for activity on 6 meters. QSL only direct to XU7MDY address on
QRZ.com.

YJ, VANUATU. Operators Mat/JA1JQY and Kuni/JA8VE will be active from
here between October 31st and November 6th. Callsigns will be given when
they visit the telecom office on Vanuatu. Activity will be on 80-10 meters
using CW, SSB and possibly RTTY. They will try 160m if local situation
permits. JA1JQY handles his own QSLs. JF1OCQ handles JA8VE's QSLs. Direct
address is as follows:
JA1JQY - Shigeo Matsu, 2-31-10 Shimoseya, Seya, Yokohama, 246-0035 JAPAN
JF1OCQ - Hiroyuki Miyake, 1-3-6 Asakura, Maebashi, 371-0811 JAPAN

YL90, LATVIA. Radio amateurs from Latvia will be using the special event
prefix YL90 all through November 2008. This is to celebrate the 90th
anniversary since the proclamation of the Republic of Latvia. The Republic
of Latvia was proclaimed on November 18, 1918.

ZP0, PARAGUAY. Tom, ZP5AZL, plans to be active as ZP0R during the CQWW
DX SSB Contest (October 25-26th) as a Single-Op/All-Band entry. QSL via
ZP5AZL. Visit Tom's Web page at: http://www.qsl.net/cx6vm/ZP5AZL

ZS8, MARION ISLANDS. There is still no activity reported. For updates
and the first official announcement of ZS8T being on the air, please
visit the official ZS8T Web site at: http://zs8t.net

** IMPORTANT NOTICE/REMINDER ** The Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin now has a new
FAX number. Contributors can now send/fax their DX information to the
following number: 1-419-828-7791 ( F A X only! )
OPDX WORLD-WIDE WEB HOME PAGE (provided by John, K8YSE):
http://www.papays.com/opdx.html
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB HOME PAGE:
http://www.papays.com/nodxa.html
Excerpts and distribution of The OPDX Bulletin are granted as long as
KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receive credit. To contribute DX info, please send
via InterNet Mail to: - OR -
Information can now be faxed to the following "NEW" phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!)

/EXIT
Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW -
--or--
Editor of the "Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin" (OPDX - "DXer's Tool of Excellence")
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)