RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Work DX even in low sun spot cycles (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/142427-work-dx-even-low-sun-spot-cycles.html)

[email protected] April 8th 09 04:18 PM

Work DX even in low sun spot cycles

Hi fellow HAM.

I am the developer of HamSphere, the virtual Ionosphere for radio
amateurs.
I had a user on the system the other day telling me he had worked over
70 countries on HamSphere. I thought that was a real achievement. But
when I got to think about it, the system has almost 14000 users, so
why not. It should be possible. Anyway, if you are interested in
working real good DX stations, you might want to try the system out. I
was determined that the system would hold for a year or two and then
get scrapped due to high sun spot activity, thus a higher real
shortwave band activity, but when I read about the quiet sun I am not
so convinced. The sun seems to be very tired and probably needs some
sleep.

73
Kelly Linderman
SM7NHC
www.hamsphere.com

sorry-spammers April 10th 09 12:11 AM

Dan, W2IQD wrote:
wrote:
Hi fellow HAM.

I am the developer of HamSphere, the virtual Ionosphere for radio
amateurs.
I had a user on the system the other day telling me he had worked over
70 countries on HamSphere. I thought that was a real achievement. But
when I got to think about it, the system has almost 14000 users, so
why not. It should be possible. Anyway, if you are interested in
working real good DX stations, you might want to try the system out. I
was determined that the system would hold for a year or two and then
get scrapped due to high sun spot activity, thus a higher real
shortwave band activity, but when I read about the quiet sun I am not
so convinced. The sun seems to be very tired and probably needs some
sleep.

"Eat Poppo and Work More DX!" -- old Rod Newkirk cartoon

(I should know this but... is there a collection of Rod Newkirk
cartoons (and preferably, his writings) available? Or do I need to be
just buying those 1950s/1960s QST CDs?)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66

[email protected] April 10th 09 02:58 PM

Work DX even in low sun spot cycles

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 08:18:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi fellow HAM.

And NON HAMS???