RadioBanter

-   Dx (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/)
-   -   Reverse lookup (https://www.radiobanter.com/dx/162962-reverse-lookup.html)

Henry April 4th 11 01:21 AM

Reverse lookup

Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name and
get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new country
is going to be up but the operators are going to use a non-listed prefix and
I'd like to be able to find out from my logging program whether I've worked
them or not.

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ

Patty Winter April 4th 11 04:50 PM

Reverse lookup

In article , Henry wrote:
Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name and
get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new country
is going to be up but the operators are going to use a non-listed prefix and
I'd like to be able to find out from my logging program whether I've worked
them or not.

I'm not sure what you mean by a non-listed prefix. Any prefix
they use would have to be from that country's ITU allocation.

If there isn't a computer program, you could just do a quick search
for the country name in the allocations list on ARRL's website.

Patty

John from Detroit April 6th 11 10:55 PM

Reverse lookup

On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:
Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name
and get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new
country is going to be up but the operators are going to use a
non-listed prefix and I'd like to be able to find out from my logging
program whether I've worked them or not.

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ

Your logging program likely has a file that is attached to it somewhere
that lists the prefixes and the country it belongs too.

Let me check program or two.. YPLog had a countries.tab file, it
contains the info but you'd need to import it into a spreadsheet and
work on it a bit before you could use it

But just type the call into the log and it will tell you what country if
you want to go that way..

Henry April 7th 11 01:59 AM

Reverse lookup

John from Detroit wrote:
On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:

Does anyone know of a program that allows you to put in a country name
and get the various ham prefixs that go with it? I sometimes see a new
country is going to be up but the operators are going to use a
non-listed prefix and I'd like to be able to find out from my logging
program whether I've worked them or not.

Thanks

Henry WA0GOZ

Your logging program likely has a file that is attached to it somewhere
that lists the prefixes and the country it belongs too.

Let me check program or two.. YPLog had a countries.tab file, it
contains the info but you'd need to import it into a spreadsheet and
work on it a bit before you could use it

But just type the call into the log and it will tell you what country if
you want to go that way..

Thanks, but I want to go the other way. I want to put in a country and get
the prefixes. I'm using Logger 32.

Henry WA0GOZ

Dave Head April 7th 11 10:15 AM

Reverse lookup

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 19:59:09 -0500, Henry wrote:

John from Detroit wrote:
On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:

[...]

THere's a list in a page of the ARRL Logbook that shows the country
and then the prefixes that it is allowed to use. But of course that
isn't a computer program.

John from Detroit April 7th 11 10:07 PM

Reverse lookup

On 4/6/2011 8:59 PM, Henry wrote:
John from Detroit wrote:
On 4/3/2011 8:21 PM, Henry wrote:

[...]

If the Countries file for your logger is a comma or tab seperated data
file you can import into a spread sheet and basically "TURN IT AROUND"

then you load the spread sheet, search for the country and instant
prefix data